8 - Pedri

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Was obviously overplayed. An 18-year-old player can't withstand 72 games in a year without detriment to his health. The number of international games is too high these days and needs to be reduced

Zidane82

Was obviously overplayed. An 18-year-old player can't withstand 72 games in a year without detriment to his health. The number of international games is too high these days and needs to be reduced
I hindsight it was pure madness .. youngsters often just get 20 or so games per season .. as they did with Giggs and even Foden

Foden played 5 games when he was 17 and only 13 games when he was 18 yrs old .

jamrock

I hindsight it was pure madness .. youngsters often just get 20 or so games per season .. as they did with Giggs and even Foden

In foresight it was pure madness lol.

Bobo32

On top of the injury risk, this is also the one final time when these players are formable.
Messi was slowly rotated with Giuly, despite playing better than him every single time.
Ronaldo was sitting on the bench when Kleberson, Fletcher (also young though) or Butt played...

I think they both benefitted from not having to play each and every game these first one or two years at the top stage.

Porque

It was sad and kind of obvious that this issue was coming.

I don't want to sound bad in this, but from a personal selfish position, atleast it gives the opportunity for Gavi and Nico to establish themselves. That way in 6 months time we have Pedri, Gavi and Nico all well developed with top flight experience.

You would have to believe that had Pedri been available that Gavi and Nico wouldn't have had these opportunities to establish their credentials so soon.

Messigician

Latest rumors 2 months out

The idea is for Pedri to start his recovery from scratch. The player is devastated after his latest relapse. [as]

Probably needs surgery

F1_STK

Joan Laporta: "Pedri hasn't relapsed. However, both the club and the doctors consider that his recovery can't be rushed. These kind of injuries need some patience."

Bobo32

Joan Laporta: "Pedri hasn't relapsed. However, both the club and the doctors consider that his recovery can't be rushed. These kind of injuries need some patience."

They do! It was very suspicious when he was injured and had to be subbed off that one game, and then played the next game anyways!
It is the same leg right?

Andresito

Staff member
Golden Boy 2021

FEytmW-XoAYopDC

Windhook

Gavi is overplayed by Lucho, just like Pedri last season. And UEFA are looking for ways to increase the number of international matches. Good thing Xavi subbed Gavi (how this sound :lol: ) out in the second half against Espanyol. Overplaying youngsters with the amateurish conditioning at Barca is time ticking bomb. It happened to Fati and now Pedri. Nico is falling on the pitch after 70th minute every game. Things are not good, not at all in fitness aspect.

Home of Barca Fans