8 - Pedri

BusiTheKing

Pedri and Busquets both pointing to the other player while standing still instead of moving into an open position themselves.

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Skalman

Looked very uncomfortable in the beginning but the longer the game went on, he looked better and better, almost the only one that tried to play the ball forward quickly. made some risky passes that didn't always reached the target, but with some games under the belt he will be brilliant. the class is already there.

Bobo32

His performance for a player that hadn't played much was good, but not as impressive as some of Puigs performances after not having played much.
He misplaced some passes terribly, and he failed to give the final pass too, he was visibly very tired at the end. He did look a bit better in his positioning without the ball compared to under Koeman I thought.

Skalman

His performance for a player that hadn't played much was good, but not as impressive as some of Puigs performances after not having played much.
He misplaced some passes terribly, and he failed to give the final pass too, he was visibly very tired at the end. He did look a bit better in his positioning without the ball compared to under Koeman I thought.
No but who could ever reach Puig`s standard if we are honest? i mean that will probably never happen ;)

BusiTheKing

One suave touch and I swear you people swoon like Jane Austen characters. If you examine what he actually did on the field, it's another story. Also gave away a counter unprovoked and misplaced every one of his through balls.

Bobo32

I am 100% serious about that, and I ask you to consider your biases.
Whatever the case though, decent game by Pedri today, I think him and Gavi together might be decent, with Nico getting some time too. de Jong is pretty much finished for me now, and I am realizing Puig will need to take the long way via another club.

I do not think Puig is overlooked because of lack of quality but lack of hype and reputation, and lack of balls from this manager. Maybe we will see in a few years, maybe some of you are right in Puig not having that high of an ambition and he'll just fade from here. I think he will shine whenever he plays, and more the more he plays. I hope he moves to another club ASAP.

Porque

Well if we were to compare, I think there is a difference between 4 months riding the bench and 4 months out with an injury.

In anycase I am happy with the performance. Pro-active on the ball. Natural mistakes and will have to work on the weight of his pass and co-ordination with team mates. But one of the positives of the game.

Bobo32

Well if we were to compare, I think there is a difference between 4 months riding the bench and 4 months out with an injury.

In anycase I am happy with the performance. Pro-active on the ball. Natural mistakes and will have to work on the weight of his pass and co-ordination with team mates. But one of the positives of the game.

Yeah there are differences of course, but I am not sure what is harder for a player.
I was benched for periods as a player, and I was also injured, out for a longer time than Pedri. Should not argue from n=1 (anonymous) but it was very different to get some sparse time from a manager who didn't trust me and to get back from a tough injury and play with a lot of inspiration, feeling trust from those around me.
Only saying these are two different things - and I am to blame for initially comparing the two!

But I think an injured player often plays very well in the first one or two games after coming back. We saw it with Fati previously and I think I (succesfully) predicted here a fall in form last time he came back. Pedri didn't look that great to me today, I thought the hype in the chat was a bit much. He played well though overall I do agree despite his mistakes, I am as excited as most about his development under Xavi. I hope he will get some new habits, I saw hints of it today.

Catta

Cruyff spins in his grave every time someone compares a shit player like Puig with the best young player in the world.

Devils

This guy is incredible.

Sheesh, we have him, Gavi, Nico and FDJ (who needs to recover his form) and yet somehow the most untouchable midfield player at this club is Busi.

Home of Barca Fans