8 - Pedri

BusiTheKing

And what about him giving away an attack completely unprovoked? I'm not saying it's fair to dwell on isolated mistakes from a player who has just returned from injury, but these are things that would get highlighted for any other player.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's still afforded patience and goodwill that other players aren't. What passes are you talking about that were so great that he deserves praise simply for having the vision to see them even though he fucked them up?

Are we talking about those simple attempted lobbed through balls or what?

Your bias is seeping through. Lobbed through-balls are anything but simple to pull off, lol. Not even counting those, he had a great through-ball attempt to Nico which was a tad too over hit. Also had a nice through-ball switch to Dembele or Ansu on the left hand side.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
What does it matter if it's "Pedri-like" or not? My point is that people invest any action of his with an automatic goodwill.

And which actions are people praising particularly? They are talking about his overall game. Find me an instance where people fawn over a simple action Pedri made. I can tell you that Puig fans have that tendency, remember them praising a sideways ball earlier this season to death.

BusiTheKing

Your bias is seeping through. Lobbed through-balls are anything but simple to pull off, lol. Not even counting those, he had a great through-ball attempt to Nico which was a tad too over hit. Also had a nice through-ball switch to Dembele or Ansu on the left hand side.

Let's give him MOTM for having the right intentions.

Bobo32

I don't agree with "BusiTheKing" about Sergio Busquets, but I like the way he argues here!
I am so tired of these cliches that so many use! Pedri is VERY over rated right now and is afforded a lot of patience and goodwill as he writes. I still like Pedri as a player and think his future is bright, but I dislike the thoughtless praising!

BusiTheKing

I don't agree with "BusiTheKing" about Sergio Busquets, but I like the way he argues here!
I am so tired of these cliches that so many use! Pedri is VERY over rated right now and is afforded a lot of patience and goodwill as he writes. I still like Pedri as a player and think his future is bright, but I dislike the thoughtless praising!

His arguments are impeccable. Even the ones he doesn't quite pull off - you can still see where he wanted to go with them!

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
How exactly do you want me to do that?

I do not know, you are claiming people overrate his actions, not me. So find evidence. Even bobo is agreeing with you, that is a red flag and should tell you that something is not right. In fact, Pedri (rightfully) faced a lot of criticism here for his mediocre games in the second half of the previous season, from me as well. He is far from being a forum favorite like are portraying.

BusiTheKing

I do not know, you are claiming people overrate his actions, not me. So find evidence. Even bobo is agreeing with you, that is a red flag and should tell you that something is not right. In fact, Pedri (rightfully) faced a lot of criticism here for his mediocre games in the second half of the previous season, from me as well. He is far from being a forum favorite like are portraying.

I'm claiming people overrate his game - which consists of his actions - which were simple - which logically means that they're overrating his simple actions. I can't find you an instance where a specific action is being discussed.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I'm claiming people overrate his game - which consists of his actions - which were simple - which logically means that they're overrating his simple actions. I can't find you an instance where a specific action is being discussed.

How are his actions simple if he goes for the difficult and inventive option?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

He is afforded a lot of patience and goodwill, today, because he literally has just some back. Nothing to do with cliches. Wait for 2-3 games and people will start to shit on his mistakes.

Home of Barca Fans