8 - Pedri

JamDav1982

Nothing to do with anything 'going to his head'.

Still learning and can be hot/cold.

The difference is expectation as he had many similar games last season but just needs to have less and less of them.

fergus90

Very much a mixed bag between some very good moments and some very shit ones. He’s had a very disrupted season though so probably lacking some rhythm.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Jesus wept ... you guys crucified Busqs now you start on Pedri ..

He is not even close to being match fit yet .. have you all forgotten his performances last season ffs

If you cannot see the pure talent then that is your problem not one for Pedri to be concerned about

Andresito

Staff member
Not even sure what the problem is. I see a developed Pedri from last year, he's a lot more risk taking and involved in the attack. Switches the play well, keeps the ball close to him in tight places, DARES TO SHOOT, tries the difficult passes between the lines.

It's the type of player we've longed for a long time with Rakitic and Frenkie only playing sideways the last few years.

Sure he's not 10/10 with his tries, but at least now he's attempting the risky stuff. Could've even had a goal and assist yesterday. No teenager is consistent, but I see a big improvement and more maturity in Pedri.
Xavi definitely had influence in this 'new' Pedri. Would be awesome to have a midfielder providing goals and assists regularly.

FinBarcelonafan

Not even sure what the problem is. I see a developed Pedri from last year, he's a lot more risk taking and involved in the attack. Switches the play well, keeps the ball close to him in tight places, DARES TO SHOOT, tries the difficult passes between the lines.

It's the type of player we've longed for a long time with Rakitic and Frenkie only playing sideways the last few years.

Sure he's not 10/10 with his tries, but at least now he's attempting the risky stuff. Could've even had a goal and assist yesterday. No teenager is consistent, but I see a big improvement and more maturity in Pedri.
Xavi definitely had influence in this 'new' Pedri. Would be awesome to have a midfielder providing goals and assists regularly.

Well said. I see the same progress. It might take bit of time but he will become better player because of it.

fergus90

You’ll be hard pressed to find a player at 19 who won’t blow hot and cold. I think his disrupted season has had an effect though too.

He’s taking on much more responsibility under Xavi though that is very clear to see.

behindbrowneyes

Exactly.

He is playing a difficult position and showing glimpses of his class in every game. He'll only get better with time beside his talent. The biggest thing he is lacking is experience and you can't teach that.

He also added some muscle mass to his body, so he is also developing in this area.

Home of Barca Fans