8 - Pedri

malvolio

At one time,the words like the "World Class Player" used to have a weight. Now, a couple of good passers is called "World class players". Weird :lol:

Yeah it's a matter of conjucture and perception, for all three of Pedri, Nico and Gavi.

I would say the likes of Denis, Thiago, Rafinha or Samper would have looked as impressive(maybe even more?), if we had them now.

At the end of the day this is a squad that got dumped out of CL, Copa del Rey, battling for 3-4rd spot in a weak Liga and one game away of exiting EL.

The optimism and enthusiasm is there, will have to see who makes it as a top level player out of those three.

Zidane82

At one time,the words like the "World Class Player" used to have a weight. Now, a couple of good passers is called "World class players". Weird :lol:

We have a player in England .. Foden ., everyone rates him World class and are convinced he will be the best ever England player ..

I am not impressed with him at all .. I see him as decent .

I get slaughtered in the uk forums

Porque

rN8wmD4.gif

Majestic.

In this game he played half of his actions like Andres Iniesta. The other half like Fabio Rochemback.

Catta

Yeah, Denis, Rafinha and Samper would all look great in this team, better than Pedri for sure. Pedri is nothing special, its not like he won the Golden Boy and Kopa trophies.

The only guys who do not rate Pedri are Puig fanboys, cant get over the fact that Pedri is everything that they hoped Puig would be.

ajnotkeith

To be world class you must also be strong in the defensive phase unless you have outstanding offense. Pedri can be a good ballwinner at times but it would be nice to see more on that front, whilst he is very good offensively.

Gavi has it a little flipped. Strong defense and good offense too but is actually a stronger defensive player. Both of them have sides to their game to work on to become world class, but it is achievable for both.

vegitot

Yeah, Denis, Rafinha and Samper would all look great in this team, better than Pedri for sure. Pedri is nothing special, its not like he won the Golden Boy and Kopa trophies.

The only guys who do not rate Pedri are Puig fanboys, cant get over the fact that Pedri is everything that they hoped Puig would be.

Add Ballon dor top 25 to that

mc_lovin

Utterly bizarre opinion and easily one of the worst I have read here. Equating Pedri to Samper, Denis and co :lol: Disqualifies him instantly from having any clue about football.

The team is not great (hence fight for top 4 etc pp as he mentioned), but 1) Pedri was injured for most of the season and 2) that has probably more to do with our front line being Depay+some random kids from the b team for most of the season :p Just recently we got a resemblance of an actual first division attack.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Pedri doesn't have Busquets unique skillset nor is he 45 years old , so that instantly qualifies him as a Samper lite version

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Malvolio will be saying that Pedri is one of Barca?s best mids ever in 10-15 years and shit on the upcoming talented youngsters instead. That is just how reactionary guys like him and BBZ roll

Porque

I thought the comment was very much tongue in anus. But now I'm not so sure.

Would have loved to see a midfield of Samper-Denis-Rafinha in their primes against Napoli though. Just to see how far we have slipped.

Home of Barca Fans