8 - Pedri

Dammie10

He just has that magic aura around him. His solutions on the ball are fantastic same as his variation to release himself from the opponent. Great intuition that i often even like his failure passes. Everything oozes class what he does

Zidane82

He just has that magic aura around him. His solutions on the ball are fantastic same as his variation to release himself from the opponent. Great intuition that i often even like his failure passes. Everything oozes class what he does

He reminds me more and more of Iniesta with his touch .. different players of course

Messi983

Actually he is a Jandro fanboy. Our best midfielder and stuck in the B.

Pedri has nothing to do with Jandro not playing for the first team though. First, he's not good enough and second, we have untouchable Busi playing his position.

Iniesta Ultra

He reminds me more and more of Iniesta with his touch .. different players of course

I was going to make this same comment after watching his highlight vid above. An Iniesta-lite and wondering why I haven't noticed him much in the past or if he's just getting better. He's better than Gavi.

Pedri, Busi, Puig is our current best midfield. I hope it happens when Fati's back.

Last edited:

Bobo32

I didn't even really like that 2:17 long video which included him standing on one knee and looking towards the sky etc.
Of course some of the actions were great, and a bit reminiscent of Iniesta or Zidane just in the style of his ball treatment, but most of the actions irritated me a bit. He is very calm on the ball when pressured and can thus drag opponents in to beat them, I like that about him, and he is tricky and pretty good at spotting passes overall, but he does too little and with too high error percentage, and I don't think he is well positioned on the pitch, I think he is often floating about in a mindless way that makes it more difficult for the rest of the team to find space.

He attempted 70 passes and completed 56 of them (80%) yesterday.
Last game vs Espanyol he attempted only 32 passes and succeeded with 23 of them (71,9%, Memphis numbers!)

I am still not against him as a player, he is clearly very talented, I just think he needs to improve a lot and partly change his style, and I don't see many signs of him doing that at the moment.

Skalman

Atleast he is no sideway merchant, he takes risks and should take risks, its not like this lethargic team got plenty of players that are going for the riskier pass anyway so be glad that someone does. of course his percentage will suffer because of it.
In that video i spotted 2 assitss with a third maybe if we only had any decent finisher on this team, you would hail him instead of nitpicking every faulty pass if any one of those actually had resulted in a goal. The positioning bit is much up Xavi as it is for Pedri to rectify.
Nah, hope this kid goes to a team with fanbase that will appreciate his skill.

mc_lovin

Noone in their right mind doesn't appreciate him. Ignore the usual batshit crazy contrarians. It's like with surveys, no matter how uncontroversial the topic is you have roughly one third who disagrees :lol:

Bobo32

Atleast he is no sideway merchant, he takes risks and should take risks, its not like this lethargic team got plenty of players that are going for the riskier pass anyway so be glad that someone does. of course his percentage will suffer because of it.
In that video i spotted 2 assitss with a third maybe if we only had any decent finisher on this team, you would hail him instead of nitpicking every faulty pass if any one of those actually had resulted in a goal. The positioning bit is much up Xavi as it is for Pedri to rectify.

No I wouldn't, I take a little pride in rating players not on the outcome but on performance, I guess that is the reason why some call me contrarian...

Note that that pretty short video was a compilation of his supposedly impressive things from the game. I agree some of the things were impressive, but the pass towards 10m offside Adama for example was a bit embarrassing even. Yeah Ferran should've scored once or twice on Pedris passes it is true, but I don't think Pedri had a good game yesterday overall. A few nice turns (and some that weren't even nice but looked a bit stylish) and quite a few good attempts at next to last passes, mostly slightly inaccurate though, and a couple of very good passes at the end, especially the heel for Torres. I liked his Zidane-like turn with the ball in the air the most, very nice.

Big thing: too little involved, too high fail rate. And I think he IS a bit of a sideway merchant, look at the 40 passes that wasn't shown in that video and it will be a lot of sleepy passes without intention.

TRY_Aze

At one time,the words like the "World Class Player" used to have a weight. Now, a couple of good passers is called "World class players". Weird :lol:

Skalman

At one time,the words like the "World Class Player" used to have a weight. Now, a couple of good passers is called "World class players". Weird :lol:
Ok, as you are blatantly obvious not impressed then what midfielder at the age of 19 or below do you rather have? And don't, just don't come up with Elliot

vegitot

Fall asleep when Napoli score but overall a great game. Especially his attacking game.

Pedri?s game by numbers vs. Napoli:

100% long ball accuracy
83 touches
30 final third passes completed
12 final third entries
5 chances created (most)
5 duels won
5 touches in opp. box
3 ball recoveries
2 shots
2 tackles
1 take-on

And of course the aesthetic of football which can only display by true artist. His touch is golden
fQwtMXQ.gif

rN8wmD4.gif

Reference
QikWhI5.gif

Home of Barca Fans