8 - Pedri

Iniesta Ultra

Proof is in the video, watch Pedri's positioning:

When Adama makes his dynamic dribbles Pedri's nowhere to be found except lightly jogging behind with two or more defenders between them. One instance Pedri was open for a pass he pointed for him not to pass to him. Adama did make a really good long cross connection with him which he headed to Gavi in the box. Opposing teams consistently put more defenders on Adama than any other Barca player because they know he's a threat, lucky them others don't try linking. When Adama's sprinting his teammates should be doing their best to keep up and finding open spaces instead of jogging and watching passively.

I counted maybe two non-crucial instances where Adama ignored Pedri when he was open but with such poor build-up play throughout the match I don't blame him for doing so. Adama needs someone eager, motivated, and unafraid to destroy defenders with him. Yeah that guy's sitting on the bench. Pedri's laissez-faire attitude really pisses me off, Xavi was never like that, yet somehow turned into the coach's pet. Muller quote comes to mind, we don't have the intensity to compete. After analyzing some of the 1st leg replay videos I'm starting to think Xaviball doesn't deserve to win the 2nd leg.

BerkeleyBernie

Proof is in the video, watch Pedri's positioning

The sequence at 0:24 shows the problem. PLENTY of room for Pedri to position himself to receive the ball in a GREAT area but he jogs as the defenders sprint to gang up on Adama.

Gavi, Puig, or Nico would have shown more intensity in this situation. Unless you want to play behind the lines like Busquets, you have to be ready to accelerate when the play is in your area. Messi was a walking fence post in most games, but almost always turned up the gears as soon as the ball was in his area of play.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 12.25.09 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 12.33.34 PM.jpg

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Folk commenting on Pedris positioning when they do not have the first clue what they are on about.

Sensational.

All just happen to be Puig fan boys who think his positioning is good.

Even more sensational.

serghei

Folk commenting on Pedris positioning when they do not have the first clue what they are on about.

Sensational.

All just happen to be Puig fan boys who think his positioning is good.

Even more sensational.

What are you on about again. BerkeleyBernie's comments are spot on here. Pedri is not without faults. He's 19 and has many things to improve as well.

He had a shit game vs Frankfurt, that's the truth. You don't have to be defensive about every player you like.

You mention fucking Puig in half your posts. You seem obsessed about him more than almost all posters you list as Puig fanboys.

Last edited:

Bobo32

I have to bring into this thread some unconvenient stats from last game:

Pedri
Minutes played: 90
Attempted passes: 39
Succesful passes: 31 (79,5%)
Total distance: 611 yds
Total progressive distance: 107 yds

serghei

Pedri

It was a shit game from him without doubt. Just as Sevilla one was a great one.

JamDav1982

What are you on about again. BerkeleyBernie's comments are spot on here. Pedri is not without faults. He's 19 and has many things to improve as well.

He had a shit game vs Frankfurt, that's the truth. You don't have to be defensive about every player you like.

You mention fucking Puig in half your posts. You seem obsessed about him more than almost all posters you list as Puig fanboys.

Nah he is talking pish and never said anyone has a game without faults.

Puig fanboys.

Theres another one.

JamDav1982

Pedri

Fake stats.

So many gormless Puig fanboys on here.

Sensational.

Iniesta Ultra

Think he's trying to surpass OGbarca's mindless foaming of Messi. The best always receive the most vitriol.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans