8 - Pedri

JohnN

Best player on the pitch first half is correct. He got tired after relentlessly pressing and covering for Busi, which is understandable.
But those misses.. especially the second one. So unlucky.

JamDav1982

Yes he was which was despite Busi terrible passing and inabilty to get on ball but as said he was fucked trying to get back to get ball then support front players and game got away from him.

His best game away away to Sociedad as I said when he can concentrate more on his own job and getting on ball early more often.

jamrock

Blahblah blah, trying with your unnecessary narratives as always that again is defeated by reality.

He was WC with busquets on the field fact & has been playing well with wth busquets since the first game (fact), which was due to xavi's tactical fumble, which he has since corrected.

Porque

Can't expect everybody to have a gas tank like Gavi or Frenkie. Was good overall and I get the feeling that he looks more tired than he is half the time due to his style. Though he should have probably come off a little sooner.

Gnidrologist

He was WC with busquets on the field fact & has been playing well with wth busquets since the first game (fact), which was due to xavi's tactical fumble, which he has since corrected.
Yes, because, when Busquets is on the field, Pedri is doing his job too. Not a small feat to play for two positions at the same time at the age of tender 19.

Joan

Won't comment on his 2nd half as we all agree his level dropped.

But he was massive in the first half. One particular aspect of his game I loved today was how versatile he was. He was practically the main man in receiving the ball from defence and dealing with imminent pressure. Busi barely helped in that regard and it's supposed to be his duty. But Pedri was also sending some wicked passes to attack (chances for Lewa, Raphinha). At many instances, he was the one starting actions in the midfield and finishing them. Immense performance in the first half, though he did lack a bit of a push. It's his style but he can be too relaxed and easy going.

TacticsTim

He's horrible defensively. Almost every bayern attack started by passing around pedri. He's slow to turn and cover and also weak in duels. Defensively he's a liability which is exposed even more by busquets. He needs to add much more muscle and fitness still but I don't know if he can. As of right know he's a defensive liability. Too scrawny he needs to reach the physique of kimmich and until then I wouldn't play him in these bug physical games

Bobo32

He's horrible defensively. Almost every bayern attack started by passing around pedri. He's slow to turn and cover and also weak in duels. Defensively he's a liability which is exposed even more by busquets. He needs to add much more muscle and fitness still but I don't know if he can. As of right know he's a defensive liability. Too scrawny he needs to reach the physique of kimmich and until then I wouldn't play him in these bug physical games

Yeah he is extremely slow to the eye, but still he reaches a lot of balls you wouldn't think he'd do. But I get so mad watching him "press" sometimes, he needs quick feet to limit the opponents options, but instead he jogs there and allows them to go either way and gets beaten so easily.

His second miss was a bit game-breaking, Barcelona needed that goal there and then in order to continue competing, but unfortunately he missed again. Had he scored the first one, the game would also have been very different I reckon

Porque

Yeah he is extremely slow to the eye, but still he reaches a lot of balls you wouldn't think he'd do. But I get so mad watching him "press" sometimes, he needs quick feet to limit the opponents options, but instead he jogs there and allows them to go either way and gets beaten so easily.

His second miss was a bit game-breaking, Barcelona needed that goal there and then in order to continue competing, but unfortunately he missed again. Had he scored the first one, the game would also have been very different I reckon

Funny thing is that Gavi was the second slowest outfield player yesterday. Sub 30km/h top speed which was surprising as he didn't look slow in the eye test.

Suggests that Gavi has great acceleration, compared to Pedri. Perhaps expected as Pedri is still a pretty flat footed player and reads movements well, but is slow to move himself.

Bobo32

Funny thing is that Gavi was the second slowest outfield player yesterday. Sub 30km/h top speed which was surprising as he didn't look slow in the eye test.

Suggests that Gavi has great acceleration, compared to Pedri. Perhaps expected as Pedri is still a pretty flat footed player and reads movements well, but is slow to move himself.

I don't trust these pace values at all, they always looked very shady to me.
But it might be true in this case, and Gavi gets A LOT of love that is a bit unwarranted, because of his style and young age I reckon. His facial expression! I thought he played well-ish yesterday, but he only made 24 passes in his 60mins, he needs to be a lot more involved!

fergus90

Pedri had Kimmich on strings the first half as Gavi was able to do the dirty work.

The physicality of Goretzka made a big difference in the second half and allowed them to gain more control in the midfield.

Home of Barca Fans