8 - Pedri

Temptation

Up your trolling game.

Haaland is better than Nunez.

See how easy that is?

CL next year chief? let?s see who is in it.

Except I'm not delusional enough to big up bang average players. :lol:

Nunez is trash to bang average, especially for the price we paid. I was the first one to say that.

Haaland is from a different planet compared to Nunez.

JamDav1982

Except I'm not delusional to big up bang average players. :lol:

Nunez is trash to bang average, especially for the price we paid. I was

Haaland is from a different planet compared to Nunez.

Pedri is 19 and been best mix at an intl tournament at 18 and best young player in Europe at 18.

Pedri will be fine.

Yip Haaland far better.

JamDav1982

So have Mario Balotelli, Anderson and Martial so.......

Been best players at what intl tournament at 18? For those names thst voted best young player there are others that have flourished.

Go on then? tell us his average Pedri is.. what will next few years of his career in early 20s look like?

Is likes of Harvey Elliot better?

KingLeo10

That Liverpool rat still trying to stir shit about Barca players while his team is floundering in 10th place in EPL, got smashed by Napoli in Europe, and conceding 3-4 goals in every other game this season

:lol:

JohnN

Trying to downplay a 19 yo kid bossing most teams as a starter for Spain and Barca. To what end? No one cares what a sad Liverpool (??) Fan thinks about our players. We know which are good and which are crap.

BBZ8800

I don't want to just throw negativity for the sake of it, but imo, the current team is by far the worst team since 1994 (when I started to watch Barca).
The only other as equally as bad team is from Gaspart's era when we lost Figo and later even Rivaldo, so our team was a mix of average Dutch, Spanish and overrated young Brazilians with a team built around young future failure Saviola.

I don't know how to word it correctly, but imo, for top standards, NOTHING in the current team makes sense.

Imagine if we have three group players:
1) players who are obvious star players who can make the advantage on their own (Ronaldino, Rivaldo, Figo, Messi, Neymar) or players who are a perfect Barca-style players like Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, young Busi, Deco etc

2) here I would put players who are neither absolute star players nor are a perfect fit for Barca, BUT they can work IF everything around them is a well oiled machine.
So, let's say something like Guily, Rakitic, Van Bommel, Keita, Vidal etc.
Players who won't make magic on their own and are not Barca fit like Busi or Xavi, but they can still play good and bring CL titles if the rest of the team has some superstar players and good Barca fits

3) players who are just not good enough for the highest level (Riki, Alena, Bartra, Eric, Semedo) or who are really, really bad Barca fits (Griezz, Cou)

Now, in the past, our teams always had some star power (Romario, Stoichkov, Figo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Neymar).
Currently we have none.
The closest thing to a star power is Lewa, but he is 34, semi retired and can't do magic on his own but needs a service from other star players whom we don't have.

Further, we don't have players who are perfect system players like Xavi, Iniesta, Deco, Busi.
The closest thing to them is Pedri, but he is a weird player.
Goes missing way too much for Barca's midfielder, touches the ball rarely, plays one touch passes (when he gets to the ball once in 5 minutes).
He doesn't play like a Barca's midfielder at all, yet he is our key midfielder currently.
He could work though, surrounded by Xavi and Iniesta, but how to make the team work when HE is supposed to be our Xavi?
My point is: he is a sort of secondary midfielder.
Not your key/star midfielder but the one who works "in shadows".
Like he does in Spain, where other players are leaders and creators and he is just "one of the silent guys".

Gavi, another weird player.
He could also work surrounded by 5 Xavis.
But again, we don't have our own Xavis anymore.
And when the play is built around Pedri and Gavi, the product is just meh and weird.
Ok, we lost Messi two years ago, but for the first time in 20 years, we got KOd from the CL group stage. Twice.
And we were outplayed by everyone in midfield in a CL and EL, except Plzen.
Maybe it is connected with our average/weird type midfielders?

The rest of the team:
Dembele, the closest thing to a starpower, but you can't rely on him and he will always remain a low IQ player.
Raphinha, not dumb. Has some magic. But for now nowhere good enough for Barca-starpower level.
Frenkie: has some magic and tons of flaws. A weird fit even after a few years here.

One of the possible star players: Fati, lost to injuries.

More or less, that's it.
Maybe the only "good" thing that we have are Araujo and Kounde.
They seem as top class players and as a good fit for now.

I won't even mention captains and leaders in this post.

Anyway, imo, this team is so bad and lost.
And unlike others, I don't see too much hope about the future where our midfield is supposed to be built around Pedri and Gavi.
Yes, they are the best we have, but that doesn't say much.

About starplayers, we don't have money and EPL, PSG and RM are more fancy than us.

So, no star power in sight.
No captains in sight.
No good-fits in sight.
No money, La Liga is sinking lower and lower.

Imo, we are entering into a decade of irrelevancy.
In the next decade, we will be what Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Milan have been for years.

Until we find some random young wizz-kid or until something changes in the football world of finances and we become fancy again.

Also, we often write here how Lewa is an Elche-man.
Maybe we should do the same for lots of our players, Pedri and Gavi also.
They are good enough for La Liga (which is on it's weakest levels since 2000'), but nothing more.

About Pedri in the NT team, NT teams are a weird competition where players train together for a few days and then they play.
NTs are closer to a retirement-level football nowadays.
And also, countries like Spain, Italy, England have 90% of their players at domestic clubs (or at 1-2-3 biggest clubs) so their players have more chemistry than let's say Argentinian, Dutch, Croatian or Belgium players who are spread in 20 clubs all over the Europe.
Thus, I wouldn't put THAT much emphasis on Pedri's or anyone NT displays, especially since the Spanish NT team is one of those with the advantage in team's chemistry.
I mean, even Ferran Torres looked good in the NT team and scored 3 against Germany.

Now when Laporta has played a risky game, invested 300m, probably won nothing and got KO'd in a group stage, I really don't see how we'll return to the big stage anytime soon.

Wins against Elche, Levante and Getafe are our reality for the next decade.

feggydinho

I don't want to just throw negativity for the sake of it, but imo, the current team is by far the worst team since 1994 (when I started to watch Barca).
The only other as equally as bad team is from Gaspart's era when we lost Figo and later even Rivaldo, so our team was a mix of average Dutch, Spanish and overrated young Brazilians with a team built around young future failure Saviola.

I don't know how to word it correctly, but imo, for top standards, NOTHING in the current team makes sense.

Imagine if we have three group players:
1) players who are obvious star players who can make the advantage on their own (Ronaldino, Rivaldo, Figo, Messi, Neymar) or players who are a perfect Barca-style players like Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, young Busi, Deco etc

2) here I would put players who are neither absolute star players nor are a perfect fit for Barca, BUT they can work IF everything around them is a well oiled machine.
So, let's say something like Guily, Rakitic, Van Bommel, Keita, Vidal etc.
Players who won't make magic on their own and are not Barca fit like Busi or Xavi, but they can still play good and bring CL titles if the rest of the team has some superstar players and good Barca fits

3) players who are just not good enough for the highest level (Riki, Alena, Bartra, Eric, Semedo) or who are really, really bad Barca fits (Griezz, Cou)

Now, in the past, our teams always had some star power (Romario, Stoichkov, Figo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Neymar).
Currently we have none.
The closest thing to a star power is Lewa, but he is 34, semi retired and can't do magic on his own but needs a service from other star players whom we don't have.

Further, we don't have players who are perfect system players like Xavi, Iniesta, Deco, Busi.
The closest thing to them is Pedri, but he is a weird player.
Goes missing way too much for Barca's midfielder, touches the ball rarely, plays one touch passes (when he gets to the ball once in 5 minutes).
He doesn't play like a Barca's midfielder at all, yet he is our key midfielder currently.
He could work though, surrounded by Xavi and Iniesta, but how to make the team work when HE is supposed to be our Xavi?
My point is: he is a sort of secondary midfielder.
Not your key/star midfielder but the one who works "in shadows".
Like he does in Spain, where other players are leaders and creators and he is just "one of the silent guys".

Gavi, another weird player.
He could also work surrounded by 5 Xavis.
But again, we don't have our own Xavis anymore.
And when the play is built around Pedri and Gavi, the product is just meh and weird.
Ok, we lost Messi two years ago, but for the first time in 20 years, we got KOd from the CL group stage. Twice.
And we were outplayed by everyone in midfield in a CL and EL, except Plzen.
Maybe it is connected with our average/weird type midfielders?

The rest of the team:
Dembele, the closest thing to a starpower, but you can't rely on him and he will always remain a low IQ player.
Raphinha, not dumb. Has some magic. But for now nowhere good enough for Barca-starpower level.
Frenkie: has some magic and tons of flaws. A weird fit even after a few years here.

One of the possible star players: Fati, lost to injuries.

More or less, that's it.
Maybe the only "good" thing that we have are Araujo and Kounde.
They seem as top class players and as a good fit for now.

I won't even mention captains and leaders in this post.

Anyway, imo, this team is so bad and lost.
And unlike others, I don't see too much hope about the future where our midfield is supposed to be built around Pedri and Gavi.
Yes, they are the best we have, but that doesn't say much.

About starplayers, we don't have money and EPL, PSG and RM are more fancy than us.

So, no star power in sight.
No captains in sight.
No good-fits in sight.
No money, La Liga is sinking lower and lower.

Imo, we are entering into a decade of irrelevancy.
In the next decade, we will be what Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Milan have been for years.

Until we find some random young wizz-kid or until something changes in the football world of finances and we become fancy again.

Also, we often write here how Lewa is an Elche-man.
Maybe we should do the same for lots of our players, Pedri and Gavi also.
They are good enough for La Liga (which is on it's weakest levels since 2000'), but nothing more.

About Pedri in the NT team, NT teams are a weird competition where players train together for a few days and then they play.
NTs are closer to a retirement-level football nowadays.
And also, countries like Spain, Italy, England have 90% of their players at domestic clubs (or at 1-2-3 biggest clubs) so their players have more chemistry than let's say Argentinian, Dutch, Croatian or Belgium players who are spread in 20 clubs all over the Europe.
Thus, I wouldn't put THAT much emphasis on Pedri's or anyone NT displays, especially since the Spanish NT team is one of those with the advantage in team's chemistry.
I mean, even Ferran Torres looked good in the NT team and scored 3 against Germany.

Now when Laporta has played a risky game, invested 300m, probably won nothing and got KO'd in a group stage, I really don't see how we'll return to the big stage anytime soon.

Wins against Elche, Levante and Getafe are our reality for the next decade.

Nah, we weren't outplayed in midfield against Bayern. We fully dominated them in the first half and created so many chances but Lewa missed a lot, plus we created more clear-cut chances.

The same thing also goes for the first leg against Inter Milan, I think Inter only scored with their only shot on target in the first half and no one can deny that we felt the loss of (Araujo, Kounde).

In the first leg of the Inter game, we had the ball so many times but couldn't create much due to the wrong tactics, having quality pacy fullbacks to support the wingers would've really helped too.

We've got a defensive issue (our physical pacy CBs are injured, plus we don't have great wing backs currently)

A second big issue we have is not having elite wingers, I think our midfield is the least of our problems though Busquet has to be replaced.

Bobo32

Decent post there from what I gathered while skimming from BBZ8800.
Xavi has been able to use levers to get what he wanted, he has no excuses, but so far, the way his Barcelona play is not really acceptable. He has given Pedri and Gavi a lot of trust, but he also went out of his way to give even more trust to Dembele, which is limiting his team a lot. The big picture is not very good looking, there is a lot of potential.

Yes, Riqui was someone to potentially build around. Gavi and Pedri are showing themselves to be more of complementary players with each game, they can get a lot of hype because they are still young, when everything works, but how often are they able to help dominate games the way Barcelona should be able to dominate games?

Pedri is so unambitious on the pitch, it is scary. Very depressing to see! These slow-paced passes to the closest team-mate, often sideways or backwards - they are provocative! He's got the vision and the technique, but he is so lazy in his decisions, and also very slow - it's like he's running in mud almost.

JohnN

I can only see one of Pedri/ Gavi making it here and for me it's Pedri. And I agree that he does not want to have a leading mf role, at least not yet. He is too young for that.
We need at least good RB, a dm and a cm and a star player at lw.
One of Dembele or raphinia needs to go.
Busi needs to go.
Pique needs to go.
Alonso is just... I don't know what he is, he needs to go.
Ferran needs to go. We wasted money, accept and move on.
Fati is better suited in the b team currently. Might loan him out.
Gavi is a reserve player for me currently.
FdJ could probably work under a different setup but it's irrational to have him on the bench and field Gavi and busi ahead of him.

Skalman

Yes, Riqui was someone to potentially build around. Gavi and Pedri are showing themselves to be more of complementary players with each game, they can get a lot of hype because they are still young, when everything works, but how often are they able to help dominate games the way Barcelona should be able to dominate games?

Pedri is so unambitious on the pitch, it is scary. Very depressing to see! These slow-paced passes to the closest team-mate, often sideways or backwards - they are provocative! He's got the vision and the technique, but he is so lazy in his decisions, and also very slow - it's like he's running in mud almost.
What am i reading? what is this shit? where am i? seriously Pedri is a generational talent that have been one of our best players , the inconsistency should not be confused with laziness. Dont lay you overall disappointment with Barcelona`s exit from Champions league at his feet. for Christ sake, its like people with decent football knowledge gets a sniff at a bad pass from a player they don't like it they loose all kind of sense.

Home of Barca Fans