8 - Pedri

serghei

Will come good, but the discussion is about now, not 2-3 years into the future. Now he is not good enough to start for a very ambitious team that aims to win big trophies. At best, him and gavi should split the minutes. Start De Jong and sign another midfielder of a higher quality.

fergus90

He's never been a speed demon but if you were to ask which one of Modric or Pedri was 37 years old today, you wouldn't be saying Modric.

serghei

How good will Pedri be?

Don't know, worse than Iniesta for sure, but if he becomes a type of David Silva that's good enough to start in any team at 23-24. Of course he could also be one of this great kids that get worse in time and fade into a lower level.

Skalman

Unrealistic expectations, in the last 3 days i have seen him being compared tp Foden 22 and Ceballos 26. compare him to the best 19 years old instead. easily top 3 in the world on his position and huge talent for years to come, i just hope he goes somewhere else because this fan base is toxic as fuck

JamDav1982

What he is good at is not to be up supporting a striker with less freedom to get on ball and 40 yds from other mids sitting in position.

JamDav1982

Don't know, worse than Iniesta for sure, but if he becomes a type of David Silva that's good enough to start in any team at 23-24. Of course he could also be one of this great kids that get worse in time and fade into a lower level.

He may never become as good as Silva and be more than good enough.

He isnt over rated.. he is badly coached.

serghei

Unrealistic expectations, in the last 3 days i have seen him being compared tp Foden 22 and Ceballos 26. compare him to the best 19 years old instead. easily top 3 in the world on his position and huge talent for years to come, i just hope he goes somewhere else because this fan base is toxic as fuck

He is compared to these players because he is a starter at a team aiming to compete with the best teams. Nothing to do with persecuting him.

But they are clearly not ready to be counted on as main players. Pedri played his best football for me when he was under the wing of Messi 2 years ago in Koeman's first season.

His progression in these 2 years has been minimal if present at all.

It's not a linear thing anyway. You can be aweseome for a 18 year old kid, but mature into a not so special 26 year old player.

Last edited:

Catta

Pedri is good enough to start for any team that aims to win the biggest trophies. But he is not yet ready to lead that team, which most of you expect from him at 19. That should tell you all about how good he is. Put him in the City team, and he would look even better than he is now. Surround him with a real DM, not the false one, and a quality midfielder not another kid, and see the difference.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You are also always like "this".
Everything is always good and with an option of happy ending.

I have wrote WHY I think that the future is extremely grey: bad finances, La liga declining, EPL and oil teams being way richer than us, not having any star-players in our team, La Masia being dry for a decade, football evolving and moving away from ideas which made us and La Masia good meaning that even if La Masia improves, it is questionable whether that type of players will be good for a top level European football in 2030.
Also, zero captains + we are physically and psychologically weak.
Also, from the current crop of young players, there is more or less nothing to hold breath, except on Barca forum and Barca twitter/reddit echo chambers where fans are always extremely filled with false hope and delusions.

No offense to our fans, but if Pedri is the one around whom we'll build our team and a future success, then lol.
I have never seen less impactful midfielder since Gaspart's era.
I know, he is the best thing which we have.
But then, it makes you wonder: is he that good or are we THAT bad? I know the answer.

I mean, I still watch every game and cheer for us.
But not because I think we'll win, but more like a lesson in life: how to not do anything, how to let your team go from GOAT to WOAT in a decade, how fans' illusions don't have limits no matter what happens etc.

Barca is like a company which is dying infront of your eyes, but investors are pumping more and more money and making bad decisions over and over with zero returns.
And 90% of fans are still hopeful that we'll turn this around.

With Pedri and Gavi.

Oh, well...

No matter how many factors you take into consideration: what makes teams good/strong/competitive in 2022': we lack in all areas and we are staying more and more behind each new year.
And then, knowing our proud, stubborn and emotional history and structure: how we are more than a club, Joga bonita, wins without beauty don't mean shit, Pep's heritage = nothing will change.

Imo, we'll have the same faith as Brazilian NT team.
Once by far the best NT team in the world, today struggles against any semi-decent European physical and tactically smarter team.
Brazil went from winning almost every WC outside of Europe = to: who knows if they'll win it ever again with the current evolvement of football.
Also, they went from having 4 different Ballon D Or winners in 15 years in 90s and 00s (R9, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka) to having zero winners after that and only 1 player with a top3 spot in a clown Neymar.

Our ideas, style of play, technique is the closest to Brazilian NT.
They also never cared about physique, psychology. All they care about is fun, beauty and Joga Bonita.
And look at where it led them today, when 20 European NT teams evolved heavily.
The same is with Barca. Barca is Brazil, the rest of Europe (especially EPL) is like any random European NT team.

And the problem is: Barca will never be able to turn the back to their historical style of play and Cruijff's ideas. Tons of our fans live in a parallel universe with some sort of a false propaganda how that was the best style ever invented, how it can never go out of style, we just need a better players and we will fly again etc.

Anyway, let's watch El Clasico today and enjoy, but deep down, we are watching a company which was once on top of the world, but now is dying infront of our eyes due to millions of horrible decisions and inability to change while our less emotional opponents made huge steps forward.

On many points I agree with you, I sense that you are drifting further and further away and can't stand every bit of this club any more and getting really disgruntled about everything Barca, which I understand and can respect.

So what is your solution to all of this? Or suggestions? Do you want us to be like Madrid or something, basically it is team with a bit in everything but nothing definitive, just does enough to win. Or something else?

Home of Barca Fans