8 - Pedri

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Maybe you can't play in a "typical" Barca way without unreal players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Alves etc. Or a genius manager like Guardiola.

I hate to say it but teams like Bayern, Liverpool of the last several seasons etc. have all played with elements of typical Barca way, at least this is how I see it.

I don't think our players are inferior and can't handle it, it is really something that is perplexing to me because it has been missing in a great while under multiple managers.

JamDav1982

Maybe you can't play in a "typical" Barca way without unreal players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Alves etc. Or a genius manager like Guardiola.

Teams can and try to and you mistake a more typical Barca way to only what Guardiola did.

It is Xavi implementing his ideas and wanting to play in way he does.

Simple.

serghei

I hate to say it but teams like Bayern, Liverpool of the last several seasons etc. have all played with elements of typical Barca way, at least this is how I see it.

I don't think our players are inferior and can't handle it, it is really something that is perplexing to me because it has been missing in a great while under multiple managers.

True, but Liverpool also have a great manager of at least similar level to Guardiola.

ajnotkeith

Xavi does not play close to a typical Barca style or Barca DNA style.

His style is literally like a mid-table Championship team. Get the ball to fast lads on the wings, run at the fullbacks and cross to the lump in the middle. He hasn't shown any more tactical nous than that.

JamDav1982

Xavi does not play close to a typical Barca style or Barca DNA style.

His style is literally like a mid-table Championship team. Get the ball to fast lads on the wings, run at the fullbacks and cross to the lump in the middle. He hasn't shown any more tactical nous than that.

Dont you know you need prime Xavi, Iniesta and Messi to play that way?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
True, but Liverpool also have a great manager of at least similar level to Guardiola.

You can say it is the manager's fault, but we have had multiple managers since Tito which started this decline of the Barca way in my opinion. Our players were getting older and amigos were getting less effective but even when they were not on the pitch and we played with a new crop of players that were younger and technically not affected by loss of stamina or effectiveness etc., we were still the same. It is almost like they (the club's sporting department, the manager and the players) have collectively decided to abandon the real Barca way. Too taxing on the body and mind? Finding an easy way out?

It is really perplexing.

JamDav1982

I don't think anyone claims this is not the case, but more that Klopp and Pep are not possible to hire.

Also, they have a much better, mature teams.

Irrelevant to point that Xavi has team playing in the set up he wants them to.

No on is claiming that has any relevance to Klop or Gurardiola being available to take over Barca.

BBZ8800

What is the only common factor between 09-11 Barca and City?

Guardiola. The guy you said was found out 3 years into his City tenure, and who will win 3 EPL in a row since that :mou:

Well, Pep is the best coach in the world when he works in one of the best clubs in the world, with an unlimited amount of money/player's wages, when no player ever leaves that club (you may argue that it is only because of him, not because of shit ton of money paid to players under the table) and when he possesses the best player in the world in that moment (Messi, Haaland).

When that happens, Pep is a GOAT.

On other occasions, when the situation is not perfect, he is far from his absolute best.
Especially in CL KO matches.

Now, with Haaland, even he has high chances to win a CL.
I won't run my usual joke of a decade: "I don't know who'll win a CL, but I am 100% sure who ain't = Pep"

serghei

You can say it is the manager's fault, but we have had multiple managers since Tito which started this decline of the Barca way in my opinion. Our players were getting older and amigos were getting less effective but even when they were not on the pitch and we played with a new crop of players that were younger and technically not affected by loss of stamina or effectiveness etc., we were still the same. It is almost like they (the club's sporting department, the manager and the players) have collectively decided to abandon the real Barca way. Too taxing on the body and mind? Finding an easy way out?

It is really perplexing.

Too taxing, heavily dependent on massive work in trainings. Why do you think Pep left? He knew the squad had to be refreshed in some positions as 2012 was a massive decline compared to all time great 2011, and the players got too popular at that point. So the new dumb board decided to stick with the players, as they saw Pep as Laporta's man anyway.

Pep clearly has no problem staying as we see at City going for 6+ years if he can implement in the squad the decisions he wants.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

BBZ getting in excuses early for if Pep win CL.

'He has Haaland'.

City got those players in at negtive net spend this summer and Guardiola management and set up at City is reason the likes of Haaland want to go there.

KingLeo10

Well, Pep is the best coach in the world when he works in one of the best clubs in the world, with an unlimited amount of money/player's wages, when no player ever leaves that club (you may argue that it is only because of him, not because of shit ton of money paid to players under the table) and when he possesses the best player in the world in that moment (Messi, Haaland).

When that happens, Pep is a GOAT.

On other occasions, when the situation is not perfect, he is far from his absolute best.
Especially in CL KO matches.

Now, with Haaland, even he has high chances to win a CL.
I won't run my usual joke of a decade: "I don't know who'll win a CL, but I am 100% sure who ain't = Pep"

My argument wasn't CL, which he can't win without Messi (we'll see how he does with Haaland). I already agree with you on this one, since 2017 :lol:

But you wrote him off too early in the EPL is what I was saying.

JamDav1982

Too taxing, and the core started to change last summer. Why do you think Pep left? He knew the squad had to be refreshed, and the players got too popular at that point so the new dumb board decided to stick with the players.

Nonsense.

The board never sided with players over Pep and not reason Pep left.

Same lie that gets trotted out time and again that Pep has stated time and again is complete bollocks.

JohnN

We are talking about "the way" we play but there is something more important. The players. The players shape the way.
Look at Rijkaard's team from 2006-2007, not the CL winning one:

Vald?s (25), Belletti (30), Motta (24), M?rquez (28), Puyol (29), Xavi 27), Gu?johnsen (28), Giuly (30), Eto'o (26), Ronaldinho (27), Zambrotta (30), van Bronckhorst (32), Edm?lson (30), Sylvinho (33), Ezquerro (30), Messi (19), Deco (29), Thuram (35), Saviola (25), Oleguer (27), Iniesta (23), Jorquera (28), Rub?n (22).

The quality difference is massive. Our worst players of then are equal to the top players we have now. It doesn't even make sense to compare the "style of play" or whatever.

Home of Barca Fans