8 - Pedri

JamDav1982

Was worst mid on park before injury.

He has been starting games slowly quite a bit recently.

Shoudld have been deeper to Man U being able to man mark FDJ as easily as could as happy to let Kessie get on ball.

vegitot

Was worst mid on park before injury.

He has been starting games slowly quite a bit recently.

Shoudld have been deeper to Man U being able to man mark FDJ as easily as could as happy to let Kessie get on ball.
He should continue play as 10 (his favourite position) but should have freedom to move anywhere cause he is that good.

vegitot

He has yet to perform on a big European night for Barca...unless I'm missing something (Allianz first half? That's about it I think)

Juventus away, PSG away, Bayern away, Inter away. So that's four.

He is a generational talent midfielder but that doesn't mean he can boss big European games everytime. Not yet when he is 20. None all time great midfielder can do that at such young ages when they haven't fully developed.

serghei

Not that important what his position is, his technical quality allows him to play both as CM and as AM. His main problem vs top opposition is his intensity levels. He is sluggish and appears weak in physical duels. If he doesn't improve on these areas, he will always struggle to make a difference when the pace of the game is high.

JamDav1982

Been good v plenty top opposition.

Much better than likes of Gavi has shown in midfield.

Beem best mid on park away to PSG, Bayern, Inter been better than any Real mid in two of last 3 games played them.

While was best mid in Euros. Was better than Kimmich when faced off a WC and in Germany in CL etc. Better than Veratti the last twice on same park etc.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

What's up with JamDav vs Gavi and Serghei vs Pedri? :lol:

Nah I like Gavi and still young.

Just dont think he is close to Pedri with quality on ball at moment.

When folk ramble on as if 'intensity' is what is stopping Pedri playing well v better teams..it is nonsense when those same folk prefer Gavi who runs about like a headless chicken at times but gets praised for it while showing far less quality.

Until now.

vegitot

Not that important what his position is, his technical quality allows him to play both as CM and as AM. His main problem vs top opposition is his intensity levels. He is sluggish and appears weak in physical duels. If he doesn't improve on these areas, he will always struggle to make a difference when the pace of the game is high.

It's true that he needs to improve his physical strength (he acknowledges that too). He is 20 so i think there will be plenty times to improve (if he is 25 and still weak then it is big problem).

serghei

It's true that he needs to improve his physical strength (he acknowledges that too). He is 20 so i think there will be plenty times to improve (if he is 25 and still weak then it is big problem).

Not so sure, genetics and physical qualities aren't easy to improve on. He looks like a high school kid. Look at him after min 50. His face is all red, it is obvious he is not the most gifted footballer physically, to put it mildly.

Gavi is different. He is built more like Messi. Short, but fierce, and with a low center of gravity, not skinny at all. More like a Verratti build.

This is the single reason why I believe he will not make it big in a global level.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans