8 - Pedri

BusiTheKing

Thank Koeman for his 70+ games in his first professional season. I'm pretty sure it fucked up his muscles in one way or the other.
Muscles normally don't carry long term gradual damage like that. If it was an overworked knee or something, maybe.

BusiTheKing

If I were to attribute it injury to anything, it would be improper pre-season strengthening. Not having worked up to full sprinting comfortably in training for example and then suddenly having to push the muscle in a match.

He certainly looked like was taking it very relaxed in those pre-season games.

delancey

We need a Christensen and Balde injury to see Alonso, Roberto and Garcia starting again. :lol:
A good manager ensures that every player in the squad understands (and implements) how the manager wishes to play. Getting eliminated from the CL because a few players are missing is not an excuse at Barca. It’s a result of incompetence.

Also, Xavi signed Alonso and extended Roberto. I’ve heard no transfer rumors regarding Garcia. Xavi believes that these players are essential to the squad. It’s his job to make them click.

Christensen is very very good.

JamDav1982

Thank Koeman for his 70+ games in his first professional season. I'm pretty sure it fucked up his muscles in one way or the other.

He played the equivilant of around 40 full games for Barca that season in terms on minutes and club can balance that off v training etc. There had been a 3 month break from football that year before season started also.

The issues for Pedri came when he had the stop/start summer for Euros then Olympics then back to Barca quickly after few weeks off.

Then both Koeman and Xavi rushed him back once injuries started.

Folk are focusing too much on the number of games he played that previous season.. he coped fine physically with that and had played a lot of minutes season before.

The clear change was how the summer and into next season was handled then coaches handling injuries when started.

Home of Barca Fans