8 - Pedri

Loki

Feels like Pedri and Araujo took over Dembele's spot in the hospital. It's so annoying not to have the full squad available every fucking time.

JamDav1982

Of course I don't believe there's a rule that works for all players :lol:. It's absurd.

Yet you make sweeping statements about how coaches cant play young players as much as did Pedri at the time and then not a peep when Gavi played similar mins at younger age.

Mental gymnastics.

Anyway if Pedri and Araujo are 'different' then dont rush them back from injuries and dont play 90 mins a few days after come off with tightness.

Both these are decisions Xavi made and relevant in the last week.

serghei

I don't mention things that are basically common sense to me, but rather assume they are common sense for others as well. It's how I operate in real life. If someone gets confused by things that are easily implied and fall into common sense area, it's usually a good sign I need to move on.

JamDav1982

I don't mention things that are basically common sense to me, but rather assume they are common sense for others as well. It's how I operate in real life. If someone gets confused by things that are easily implied and fall into common sense area, it's usually a good sign I need to move on.

No you made out it is 'common sense' for players as young as Pedri not to play so many games.. then not a peep when Gavi at younger age doing same.

Yet completely ignore how reports say Xavi rushed back Pedri from this exact injury earlier this year and he relapsed on it then and injured again on it now.

Or ignore how Araujo now out for weeks afetr playing 90 mins a few days after coming off as felt tightness.

Not a peep about those... clear why.

serghei

No you made out it is 'common sense' for players as young as Pedri not to play so many games.. then not a peep when Gavi at younger age doing same.

Yet completely ignore how reports say Xavi rushed back Pedri from this exact injury earlier this year and he relapsed on it then and injured again on it now.

Or ignore how Araujo now out for weeks afetr playing 90 mins a few days after coming off as felt tightness.

Not a peep about those... clear why.

Yeah, it is preferable to not overplay very young players. Absolutely. Gavi being an exception doesn't change that. His minutes should have been handled better too, no doubt. As in he should have played less.

Said these things many times. Normally a club like Barca should have players in their prime starting, high class players in their mid 20s and late 20s. And players like Pedri, Gavi joining from the bench.

Like City did and do with likes of Palmer, Foden. The reason this doesn't happen is that Barca are in financial mess and can't buy top players with the right age and maturity profile.

JamDav1982

Yeah, it is prefferable to not overplay very young players. Absolutely. Gavi being an exception doesn't change that. His minutes should have been handled better too, no doubt. As in he should have played less.

Said these things many times. Normally a club like Barca should have players in their prime starting, high class players in their mid 20s and late 20s. And players like Pedri, Gavi joining from the bench.

Yet there was not a peep when Gavi playing so many minutes at a younger age....clear why.

There is no issue with Barca starting players like Pedri and his age.

More about how handle injuries when get them as much as anything and Xavi building a poor record on that front.

serghei

Yet there was not a peep when Gavi playing so many minutes at a younger age....clear why.

There is no issue with Barca starting players like Pedri and his age.

As said, some players tolerate a high-volume workload better than others. It's the same everywhere. Some workers can carry 200 boxes and don't get very tired, others need a rest after they carry 60 boxes.

The human body tolerances differ from person to person. But as a general rule, very young players aren't prepared to deal with the intensity of the mens game very frequently, as to start every game.

vegitot

So he spent all summer to train his body, only to be injured after just 2 games???

He is even more fragile than Dembele.

fergus90

At this point he’s injury prone. Shame for him, seems like he’s not had a clear run of games for two years now.

Temptation

Pep bought Kovacic who is a discount version of Frenkie and made him a starter.

No. Kovacic is a proper ball carrying 8 in a 433. Kovacic is similar to Iniesta in terms of profile except Iniesta could play as a free roaming left winger in a 433.

FDJ is much better defensively and more comfy in a double pivot in a 4231 than as an 8 or 6 in a 433.

Kovacic is more limited in his skill set and FDJ is more complete and versatile.

JamDav1982

As said, some players tolerate a high-volume workload better than others. It's the same everywhere. Some workers can carry 200 boxes and don't get very tired, others need a rest after they carry 60 boxes.

The human body tolerances differ from person to person. But as a general rule, very young players aren't prepared to deal with the intensity of the mens game very frequently, as to start every game.

No that was never the claim at time when arguing about Pedri minutes and has become a mental gymnastics argument after the fact.

There was never the argument 'Peri cant handle these minutes' but 'Gavi can'.

The argument was completely about age and young players not playing that much... then not a peep when Gavi did same at younger.. only difference was the coach.

More fool Xavi for way he has treated Pedri, Araujo and Fati if they are injury prone.

Anyway the Pedri injuries started after that season and when he stopped more than those games. Stopped then the Olympics... stopped then back to Barca after a few weeks and got injured. Then rushed back more than once it would appear.

serghei

There is no such thing as "mental gymnastics" in real life. These are expressions from silly forum games that don't actually exist outside of that.

If I can clear it up for you just ask and I will. Like I did today.

The main arguments are all the same, but I can't exhaust every single mini-argument that the major arguments create because I don't get paid big bucks to comment here. This is wasted time in many respects.

JamDav1982

There is no such thing as "mental gymnastics" in real life. These are expressions from silly forum games that don't actually exist.

If I can clear it up for you just ask and I will. Like I did today.

The main arguments are all the same, but I can't exhaust every single mini-argument that the major arguments create because I don't get paid big bucks to comment here. This is wasted time in many respects.

It is when use mental gymnastics in real life arguments and contradict yourself.

Nothing cleared up and slightest other than fake arguments about what was being debated at time.

Different rules for different coaches and not a peep when Gavi played lots of minutes at youngr age.

The 'humans are different' argument is a new one... at time Pedri 'playing too much' was 100% argued on age... then not for Gavi.. due to Xavi being coach.

If 'humans are different' is the argument then more on Xavi for way handled these players.

Anyway the issues with Pedri have more been since he stopped and started after that season than anything else.. then coaches rushing him back.. both Koeman and Xavi guilty of that it appears.

Home of Barca Fans