8 - Pedri

serghei

There is no contradiction. Only clarification and, sometimes, updating to keep up with current events.

Only an idiot would not update and improve his stance on a subject based on things that have happened in the meantime. You don't understand what contradiction means.

Let's say I say a car is red in 2016. Then in 2018 the owner decides red is boring and paints it green. I say the same car is green in 2020. Then you say I contradict myself because I said intially said the car is red, and now I say the car is green. And I laugh.

The argument of 2016 is valid for the conditions of 2016. A logical and sensible argument made in 2020 considers the 4 years that have passed and improves it by analyzing the data available between 2016 and 2020. And the data says the same car is now green, not red.

When I am wrong I say it, like I said about my criticism of Valverde, looking back at it, that it was exaggerated.

JamDav1982

It is a contradiction.

There is no clarification... it is a change of argument than was made at time... It was never made out that Pedri was type to get injured playing that many games it was 100% about age. Nor was it once ever said 'Gavi can cope with these minutes' it was just ignored.

Usual mental gymastics and Serghies 'heres what I really meant' arguments.

Argument has changed after the fact.

Anyway perhaps the biggest difference between Pedri and Gavis mins is the fact Gavi got a summer off while Pedri was start/stop that whole summer until into next season and thats when problems started.

Both Koeman and Xavi have been guilty of rushing him back.

The fact this injury is same as one that Pedri relapsed on earlier in year as Xavi rushed him back is alarming.

Add that to Araujo last week and then how Fati got injured these are seemingly Barca/Xavi making things worse for themselves with rushing players back too soon.

serghei

Argument has changed after the fact.

Argument changes to keep up with developments. It's what happens when you judge players and teams that are in constant change. You and others have this "prediction disease", thinking you're so smart, that you not only know what is gonna happen today, but also how today is gonna evolve into tomorrow, and predict that. Most of the time, these types of individuals are pure bullshitters.

Let's face it, if someone is a football genius around here he is doing what Pep is doing, not posting on a football forum. Now that's a contradiction, between what one thinks he knows about football and what he knows in reality.

JamDav1982

Argument changes to keep up with developments. It's what happens when you judge players and teams that are in constant change. You and others have this "prediction disease", thinking you're so smart, that you not only know what is gonna happen today, but also how today is gonna evolve into tomorrow, and predict that. Most of the time, these types of individuals are pure bullshitters.

Let's face it, if someone is a football genius around here he is doing what Pep is doing, not posting on a football forum.

Haha indeed that sums it up 'argument changes'.

You were never consistent on Pedri/Gavi games argument in slightest due to the coaches at time.

'Preditions disease' a fair shout when you are the one trying to act like can predict what type of players can play more games than others at a certain age.

Textbook Serghie.

Not a peep on this injury being in same place as one Xavi rushed him back on before.... strange that.

Awful rgument about knowing less than Pep from the man who used to think he knew more than Koeman on Puig etc.

Too easy that one.

JamDav1982

My arguments change. Sure. If you reword it as a change instead of contradiction, you'd be more often right.

Argument changes to 'heres what a I really meant' in past when contradict yourself.

Usual.

That is different from changing opinion.

I am right a lot more often than you chief. Dont worry about that.

Still not a peep about how this is said to be injury to same area as Xavi rushed him back from previously... strange that.

ajnotkeith

Well, he is important. I already said many times our only top class player in his prime is De Jong. So, Pedri, while not as great as some believe, is still important.

Same argument as Dembele. Do better.
Hasn't proved anything in CL tho so he isn't a 'great' player by your standard.

ajnotkeith

Was he even injured during Cadiz match? How do they come up with these injuries out of blue all the time? Are they working as spare time stuntmen, while not kicking ball?
One thing I notice really often with our injuries recently is they seem to complete a full 90 minutes and then a few days later it comes out they have an injury, which is illogical. It's either they don't get injured during the game, or they get injured during the game yet are kept on.

ajnotkeith

Imo he has injury problems because he is trying to up his intensity and physical performance without him being an athletic player. Unfortunately, I don't see how he is gonna become world class with such a feeble body. His technical level is very good, but it needs to be insanely good to make up for his athletic penalty and it isn't so.

To stay fit, he has to play at a comfortable and tolerable level of intensity, and for him, that level is way lower than what most teams play with, especially in CL. It is gonna be extremely difficult to influence big games operating on such low pace and intensity levels. Even if you are gifted technically.
Shouldn't really be missed then given how extremely difficult it will be to influence the big games coming up in CL?

BusiTheKing

One thing I notice really often with our injuries recently is they seem to complete a full 90 minutes and then a few days later it comes out they have an injury, which is illogical. It's either they don't get injured during the game, or they get injured during the game yet are kept on.
If it's a slight tear you might not notice while the muscle is warm. Sting shows up in the next training, then medical scans, then official announcement.

Home of Barca Fans