8 - Pedri

serghei

No, it is unacceptable if we go out no matter what draw we get, as we should at least be finishing 2nd in any group.

Yeah, by that logic Pep should have been sacked years ago by City for going out in CL vs likes of Tottenham, Monaco and Lyon.

Porque

It's your opinion. As usual I won't try to destroy an... Opinion.

But I'm on the other side of the fence. Precisely because of the financial difficulties, and are investment in the midst of it, failer to progress is not an option.

We need to progress, and our projections count and counted for it.

And our team is one of the best in Europe no less.

JamDav1982

No he went out to inferior teams time and time again in CL. Managing a club with far more resources than current Barca.

Nah every case is different.

City also beat good teams in Europe and out by smallest margins.

Barca failing x3 years in a row the club cant have that.

serghei

Correct and he still got battered online for it even whilst he was winning Prem after Prem.

Nobody ever claimed it was acceptable that he lost to likes of Monaco and Tottenham.

Ok, so go ahead, batter away. Why does it bother you so much that I'm standing by our team and willing to suffer a couple of years and not make a tragedy out of every failure?

ajnotkeith

Ok, so go ahead batter away. Why does it bother you so much that I'm standing by our team and willing to suffer a couple of years and not make a tragedy out of every failure?
Standing by the team is fine. Standing by the team doesn't mean, immunity from criticism when people are doing a bad job.
And it is pretty tragic if we get grouped in CL 3 years in a row, lol. That's like Ferencvaros or Plzen quality not Barca.

JamDav1982

Ok, so go ahead batter away. Why does it bother you so much that I'm standing by our team and willing to suffer a couple of years and not make a tragedy out of every failure?

Nonsense.

Reality is just constant setting of rules for Xavi that were not there for other coaches.

ajnotkeith

It's your opinion. As usual I won't try to destroy an... Opinion.

But I'm on the other side of the fence. Precisely because of the financial difficulties, and are investment in the midst of it, failer to progress is not an option.

We need to progress, and our projections count and counted for it.

And our team is one of the best in Europe no less.
A great point.
Our financial projections have suffered immensely for being grouped twice in a row, if it happens again, I believe the board will sack him if only based on the fact we can't afford to have a manager that can't progress through CL stages.

For us, getting to a semi final vs being grouped can mean everything.

serghei

Standing by the team is fine. Standing by the team doesn't mean, immunity from criticism when people are doing a bad job.
And it is pretty tragic if we get grouped in CL 3 years in a row, lol. That's like Ferencvaros or Plzen quality not Barca.

Yeah, that's a fair point. However, some of the guys providing fair criticism also make hilarious hateful comments about Madrid being shit and our Liga title not meaning much as a result.

There are users here who do strike a good balance between fair criticism and fair praise, but you're not one of them. You're more of a constant hater.

JamDav1982

Have said that about the club budgeting for CL quarters all along.

Only one can think have seen say the words 'Real were shit and unmotivated' was Serghie...

Contradciting himself again here.. shocker.

Liiterally the one who plays down the league win last season as much as anyone in bid to keep alive the 'Real are still the best but didnt try all that hard' last season.

Textbook would come out with this garbage and contradict himself as usual and make out some folk dont give credit for league enough.

Home of Barca Fans