8 - Pedri

serghei

It proves that you described him as a top midfielder in the world before he signed here. After he signed here he became 'good player but not that amazing'.

And it has nothing to do with City since you made a direct comparison between him and another player not the teams they play for.

I already explained in the pages before why I think he will not be as good here.

ajnotkeith

I already explained in the pages before why I think he will not be as good here.
Lets run with your argument - as you said, you've described Gundogan as world class previously, said he is of very high class and amongst the best midfielders in the world, yet you think the circumstances are so terrible here he's gonna go from world class to just a decent player?

If that consideration was made for Gundogan why is it not made for Pedri when you nail him for not having enough European resume?

JamDav1982

Serghie gone from arguing that you need top quality midfielders like Gundogan to win the CL...

Barca then sign Gundogan....

Argument changes to.. Gundogan is not one of top mids around and had it easy with those players around him at city... he is old, slow and a year away from Saudi.

But but you lot 'dont understand the nuances' of my argument.. 'heres what I really meant'.

Constant mental gymnastics.. from 'poor Xavi doesnt have players like Gundogan'....to..'you lot over rate Gundo and poor Xavi'

serghei

That list is from the past :lol:.

A year ago Liverpool played in CL final and was top 3 in the world. Fast forward 12 months and they didn't even make top 4 in England. As I explained before, things evolve and change in football, pretty quickly sometimes.

Too much to understand for some it seems, I'm out before the discussion gets too dumb.

ajnotkeith

Serghie gone from arguing that you need top quality midfielders like Gundogan to win the CL...

Barca then sign Gundogan....

Argument changes to.. Gundogan is not one of top mids around and had it easy with those players around him at city... he is old, slow and a year away from Saudi.

But but you lot 'dont understand the nuances' of my argument.. 'heres what I really meant.
It's in black and white there - to dominate games and win the CL, you need midfielders of very high class such as Gundogan.

Not sure how he can twist his words to claim he meant something else.

ajnotkeith

A year ago Liverpool played in CL final and was top 3 in the world. Fast forward 12 months and they didn't even make top 4 in England. As I explained before, things evolve and change in football, pretty quickly sometimes.

Too much to understand for some it seems, I'm out before the discussion gets too dumb.
Nothing changed from then until now relating Gundogan. If anything, his estimation only increased because he had a phenomenal year at City last season. There's no reason your opinion would have changed.

The actual explanation is that as soon as it became clear he was coming to Barca that's when your opinion changed.

JamDav1982

Nah you just make shite up as you go.

Been exposed plenty of times and this is latest example.

The flip on Gundo is sensational level of mental gymnastics.

vegitot

Xavi: ❝Pedri takes care of himself. He has worked over the summer to gain muscle mass, but his injury can be due to the heat, fatigue... We try our best to avoid muscle injuries❞

Sad.

ajnotkeith

Xavi: ❝Pedri takes care of himself. He has worked over the summer to gain muscle mass, but his injury can be due to the heat, fatigue... We try our best to avoid muscle injuries❞

Sad.
I dont think Xavi understands what causes injuries if this is his analysis of the situation.
Gaining muscle mass doesn't prevent injury or really have any bearing on it. If anything, it is the more muscular players who are more injury-prone (higher explosiveness, force produced, therefore more potential damage to the muscle).

As other people have noted players like Busquets who are thin as a rake rarely get injured.

Home of Barca Fans