8 - Pedri

jamrock

He's tactical weak for pep, but compared to our current players, he makes run that they don't even see at times, you can clearly see the influence pep has had on him.

His biggest weakness for pep was his personality, weakness defensively and personality.

Tactically he did almost anything pep asked.

JamDav1982

Cancelo is not even one of Barcas best players tactically it is part of the conundrum of fitting him in and why team has struggled with shape this season.

Pedri, FDJ etc are a long way ahead on that compared to him let alone Gundogan. Even likes of Roberto are..

At his best for Pep it was almost a system to allow him to get into midfield and on ball and others to cover him but ultimately him being too poor defensively is what brought it too a head.

It is a struggle to fit him in to any position unless more or less give him free reign and are prepared to set up to cover for him having freedom.

JamDav1982

Right. These players are attacking midfielders and see the game like that. They can excel if they play in current Barca.

Indeed while Pedri is different and more of a dictator of play who will have class moment to open game up for others more than statting hard himself.

I very much doubt even Wirtz or Foden would be playing as pinned and high as Pedri was at times last season though.

Givenchy

I have been worried for a while now…did we overrate him? Or still building rhyrhm
A bit of both, everyone is quick to call players generational these days, only Mbappe can really call himself that BUT put Pedri under a manager who has a system and he'll shine.

fergus90

The game kind of sums up Pedri's strong and weak points, very nice technique etc but can get squashed off the ball without any fuss because he can't make a decision.

I think with proper coaching he will get much better though.

KingLeo10

I have been worried for a while now…did we overrate him? Or still building rhyrhm

serghei and BBZ were the first to doubt him. I began to doubt him starting last season after seeing no progress and too many injuries. Forget about improving, he's actively regressing now, which is alarming.

Temptation

I always called him overrated.

Not because I hated him or anything but because he's just not as good as the fanbase and media was hyping him up to be.

I have always said this. FDJ is easily your best mid. Even when you lot were trying to sell him and he was out of favour at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans