9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

0n0mat0p0eia

What's with all the hate, You seem to take it a bit too personal mate. He's a top footballer, who the fuck cares about his looks.

I dont know him, and you dont know me. Dont presume to think that what's only a mild distaste for what he sometimes does means that i hate him. As a footballer he's one of the best in the world in his position, and would be an asset for ANY team in the world.

What i do on this Suarez thread is try to mildly wind up Liverpool fans; theres nothing personal in it whatsoever.

Superfly

Banned
Suarez.jpg

Co0ter

I've always been a fan of Suarez, even when he was in Holland. A bit of a douche, but exactly the type of footballer I enjoy minus the diving.

The more I think about it, he's probably the closest thing we could come to Eto'o v2. And that gives me a massive...smile. I'd say Eto'o is a bit of a better finisher but Suarez a bit more vision.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Lolz that's cute.

You come up in Uruguay playing against the Lugano's of the world and the only rule is win and find a way to not get your head knocked off your shoulders.

Any decent CB is going to knock the shit out of you the first chance he gets at the beginning of the game in S. America (and some other places as well). You learn real quick to that those tactics are can be just as important as what you do with the ball in some games as it heavily affects ones psychology knowing a Lugano is lurking to beat the hell out of the first ball that flies into the air.

Now, the difference with the English is that try do some infraction in plain view of the ref and are pissed when they are reprimanded. In S. America there are rules for the refs view and a different etiquette when the red cannot see. These tactics have a long tradition in football--in the past EVERYONE did it. It is now becoming much less prevalent because everything is caught on tape; whereas there was one camera a couple decades ago, now there are 20 cameras that can zoom in, turn the angle and see the brand tag of your draws if they wish.

Effectively echoed what I pointed out earlier, wrong sport amigo...You might think the likes of Pereira are footballing warriors but I see players whose lack of footballing skills are aided by thuggery

There's always rugby & American football for them

0n0mat0p0eia

...You come up in Uruguay playing against the Lugano's of the world and the only rule is win and find a way to not get your head knocked off your shoulders.

Any decent CB is going to knock the shit out of you the first chance he gets at the beginning of the game in S. America (and some other places as well). You learn real quick to that those tactics are can be just as important as what you do with the ball in some games as it heavily affects ones psychology knowing a Lugano is lurking to beat the hell out of the first ball that flies into the air.

Now, the difference with the English is that try do some infraction in plain view of the ref and are pissed when they are reprimanded. In S. America there are rules for the refs view and a different etiquette when the red cannot see. These tactics have a long tradition in football--in the past EVERYONE did it. It is now becoming much less prevalent because everything is caught on tape; whereas there was one camera a couple decades ago, now there are 20 cameras that can zoom in, turn the angle and see the brand tag of your draws if they wish.

He's not playing in Uruguay now, though, is he? When in Rome,...

So, you seem to be saying that in England the English foul up front in view of the ref, whereas in S/america they are sneaky and underhand about it, doing it so as not to be caught. What an indictment.

0n0mat0p0eia

...and forget about:
• 2013 - Punched Chile defender Gonzalo JARA in a WC qualifier Uruguay vs Chile.
• Season 2011/12 - banned for 8 games for racially abusing Man Utd’s Patrice EVRA.
• Career with Ajax ended in disgrace after he was suspended for BITING PSV’s Otman BAKKA
• 2010 – Sent off in QFs of WC in South Africa for a deliberate handball on the line which denied Ghana a match-winning goal.
• His career in Liverpool has been blighted with cheating referees diving to ‘win’ penalties.

No, he's a wonderful champion for fair play and a great inspiration for any kid watching the game.

(i guess that will make me a hater in the eyes of the Suarez deniers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans