9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrybai

I don't dislike Suarez but defending his punch is delusional. It was wrong and doesn't belonging football, but hey it happens. It's the nature of certain players. Roy Keane is my favourite player so I would be a hypocrite to dislike Suarez over an incident like that.

DennyCrane

...and forget about:
• 2013 - Punched Chile defender Gonzalo JARA in a WC qualifier Uruguay vs Chile.
• Season 2011/12 - banned for 8 games for racially abusing Man Utd’s Patrice EVRA.
• Career with Ajax ended in disgrace after he was suspended for BITING PSV’s Otman BAKKA
• 2010 – Sent off in QFs of WC in South Africa for a deliberate handball on the line which denied Ghana a match-winning goal.
• His career in Liverpool has been blighted with cheating referees diving to ‘win’ penalties.

No, he's a wonderful champion for fair play and a great inspiration for any kid watching the game.

(i guess that will make me a hater in the eyes of the Suarez deniers)

- And Jara didn't provoke him like at all. He knows about his temper and uses it against him. Kinda makes Jara a saint and an 'inspiration to the kids', right ?
- That was indeed disgraceful and low and it's the only thing you listed I truly hold against him.
- He stands among the elite goal scorers for this club which includes Cruyff, van Basten and Bergkamp and biting a player in the shoulder will probably not shatter his achievements
- You forgot to mention how he forced Gyan to miss the subsequent penalty.
- Yep, he dives. A lot. Like at least 50 % of strikers in football ever which totally includes Barca players.

I don't consider you a hater btw as you might think; I see why you don't like the guy. But the criticism brought forward against Suarez often reeks of hypocrisy.
He's as much an example to the world as your everyday clean and holy star player who advertises for football boots manufactured with child labour and claims he didn't know about it, money laundering club presidents and the FIFA itself. The only difference is that pundits cream all over his latest deeds and try to brand him as the lowest common denominator of a bad guy everybody can hate for free.

ammarfcb

ze special one
What i do on this Suarez thread is try to mildly wind up Liverpool fans; theres nothing personal in it whatsoever.

no more feeding for u

XV3CJj.gif

0n0mat0p0eia

And Jara didn't provoke him like at all. He knows about his temper and uses it against him. Kinda makes Jara a saint and an 'inspiration to the kids', right ?
Jara is a nobody; he is not in a position to influence anyone - besides we're talking about Suarez here...plus retaliation is just as much a crime as the original.
-
That was indeed disgraceful and low and it's the only thing you listed I truly hold against him.
- He stands among the elite goal scorers for this club which includes Cruyff, van Basten and Bergkamp and biting a player in the shoulder will probably not shatter his achievements
Whether it matters on not, biting someone on the field of play IS disgraceful AND low, the fact that you assert that the punch was the only disgraceful and low thing Suarez has done says more about you than it does about him.
-
You forgot to mention how he forced Gyan to miss the subsequent penalty.
The fact the penalty was missed CANNOT lessen the fact that near full time Suarez handled on the line a goal bound winning shot - that makes him, alongside Maradona's hand of God - one of the biggest cheats in the history of the WC

-
Yep, he dives. A lot. Like at least 50 % of strikers in football ever which totally includes Barca players.
Again, the fact that others commit the crime of diving does not absolve Suarez.

I don't consider you a hater btw as you might think; I see why you don't like the guy. But the criticism brought forward against Suarez often reeks of hypocrisy.
He's as much an example to the world as your everyday clean and holy star player who advertises for football boots manufactured with child labour and claims he didn't know about it, money laundering club presidents and the FIFA itself. The only difference is that pundits cream all over his latest deeds and try to brand him as the lowest common denominator of a bad guy everybody can hate for free.
I dont hate him (thanks for the realisation of that) My criticism of him is not hypocracy. He just has done Bad things on a football pitch. You cannot bracket him with a playing-by-the-rules star who wears boots made by poor ppl on crap wages. Take that out on the manufacturers of the boots.

Suarez's fault is that he is a high profile genuinely world class footballer whose morals do not equal his ability with a football at his feet. it isnt that he's done one bad thing, it's time after time when he displays himself to be prepared to break the rules of the sport and any good conduct involved with it.

abual3bed1

How was his hand ball again Ghana a cheat?? He was sent off and the penalty was given. Bad sportsmanship? Yes, a cheat? No.

0n0mat0p0eia

How was his hand ball again Ghana a cheat?? He was sent off and the penalty was given. Bad sportsmanship? Yes, a cheat? No.

'Cheat':
Verb
Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination.
Noun
A person who behaves dishonestly in order to gain an advantage.

So, Suarez acted unfairly in order to gain an advantage: he stopped a CERTAIN GOAL by handling in the box on the goal line (an unfair action). This resulted in what would have been a certain goal to become a penalty near the end of a WC QF with all the pressure on the kicker that that entailed- which was missed gaining Uruguay an advantage.

Hey, if it walks like a duck...

PearLBLacK

Banned
It was a hero or zero action and it worked out. I would've done the same. He was sent off, Ghana given a penalty, and Gyan failed to convert.

Yannick03

We might all have done the same; that doesnt make it right, or him - or us if we were to do it- any the less of a cheat.

Sure it shows bad sportsmanship but cheating ? He did something which is against the rules, he knew it and accepted the punishment following it. He faced the consequences of his actions, I surely would have done the same and who can blame him, it worked out at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans