9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Winning the CL is difficult than the WC.

No it's not. The quality in CL might be higher than World Cup, but its easier to win because it's played every year while World Cup is once every 4 years. Also, there's more luck and other contributory factors involved in the World Cup that makes it more difficult to win.

This is from a players perspective ofc.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Also, Zlatan's league stats are overblown in relation to the others. He's scored 25 goals in 29 games, with 7 penalties. Suarez has scored 28 goals in 25 games, with no penalties. A huge difference. They both have similar assist numbers (11 vs 10) despite Zlatan playing 4 more games.

That's what it looks like quantitatively. Qualitatively, it's all up to the individual person's judgment. Some people like Zlatan's dominating style of play and how he helps out the midfield, others like Suarez's all-action style with dribbles, runs, passes and workrate. It must be noted that despite Ligue 1 historically being a more defensive league, Zlatan does play for by-far the best team whose GD is double that of the 2nd placed team. While Suarez plays for Liverpool.

Ibra has been amazing in the Champions League though, which has to be factored in despite the fact that it can't be held against Suarez. So overall it's a toss-up.

I think Suarez has performed better in the league and I like him more, so I would go for him.

raskolnikov

How is Cr7 performing better than Suarez? I watched nearly al games from Liverpool and Real and Suarez is playing much better, Ronaldo often goes missing or plays shit yet always scores a goal, Suarez actually creates much more than him, assists, penalties won, goals, works much harder. Even statistically he outperforms him this season.
Only reason why it is difficult to accept for people is because of longetivity of Ronaldo or all the praise Ibra gets every week for his crazy goals, and them shining in the cl of course.
The constant comparing to Messi have eople confused he is also way above all other players in the world, statistically that might be true but when it comes to being a better footballer I don't see why Ibra or Suarez should be considered inferior?

footyfan

Calma, calma
How is Cr7 performing better than Suarez? I watched nearly al games from Liverpool and Real and Suarez is playing much better, Ronaldo often goes missing or plays shit yet always scores a goal, Suarez actually creates much more than him, assists, penalties won, goals, works much harder. Even statistically he outperforms him this season.
Only reason why it is difficult to accept for people is because of longetivity of Ronaldo or all the praise Ibra gets every week for his crazy goals, and them shining in the cl of course.
The constant comparing to Messi have eople confused he is also way above all other players in the world, statistically that might be true but when it comes to being a better footballer I don't see why Ibra or Suarez should be considered inferior?

I feel Suarez and Ibra have both been better than Ronaldo this season, if you consider the league performances.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Let's see how long Suarez will be able to sustain this kind of beast form, I mean over multiple seasons.

An immense player regardless. Definitely better than Ronaldo at the moment.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'd love Suarez , if we have $120 million , why not !?

Messi , Saurez and Neymar ( second season !)
That ship has sailed... If only the philosopher didn't feel like not signing the players represented by his brother when he was still here!

B

beautifulgame

They appeared to be a few games ago when we lost two games against nonentities !

that is such a narrow view but your right, that is how barca forum operates.

nevermind that we score more than anyone in europe. lose a couple games and don't score and every forward should be sold even messi.

coura

Banned
I love how much you guys are all in love with Suarez when Ibra has been better than him this entire season (in a much more defensive league) and he doesn't get half the love here.

Great player but don't mention the BD yet, unless he wins the WC.

The franch league is laughable in terms of defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans