9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

suarezokxta.gif

Any man who puts that much passion and heart in what he does deserves our respect. :worthy: Suarez.

Alik

Any man who puts that much passion and heart in what he does deserves our respect. :worthy: Suarez.

After what he did in the qf of the world cup vs Ghana (handball) he was my most hated player. That coupled with the biting, apparent racism, and diving made Suarez a very unlikeable character. Although this season he's done a lot by playing well and behaving.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Alik

That handball was one of the greatest things I've seen in my life :D

That handball broke the hearts of the entire african continent. An African team was about to make history coming to the semifinals.

Kerrybai

That handball broke the hearts of the entire african continent. An African team was about to make history coming to the semifinals.

It was an instinctive reaction, plenty of players would have done the same. I still think Henry is a c*** for his handball vs my country though ;)

CatalinR10

After what he did in the qf of the world cup vs Ghana (handball) he was my most hated player.

Why ? Ghana got the penalty for that handball and they should have scored it.

Every other player would have done the same in Suarez's situation. I would have done the same way also.

F

Flavia

The handball made the uruguayans very happy, though. There's always 2 sides... And it was an instinctive reaction. Reverse it, and I bet any ghana player would had done the same.

Alik

Why ? Ghana got the penalty for that handball and they should have scored it.

Every other player would have done the same in Suarez's situation. I would have done the same way also.

The handball made the uruguayans very happy, though. There's always 2 sides... And it was an instinctive reaction. Reverse it, and I bet any ghana player would had done the same.

It is peak of unsportsmanship. Of course the supporters of the team would like it, but in general that's the sort of thing that in a an ideal world should not happen in football.

It honestly made me wish that it wasn't a penalty but that a rule like penalty goals existed in football. The rules aren't right. That was going to be a sure goal, but it was replaced with something that is only a possibility of a goal.

Edit: It's like committing murder. Yes, you'll go to jail, but it won't bring back the person who was killed.

Lol, maybe a poor example.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

It is peak of unsportsmanship. Of course the supporters of the team would like it, but in general that's the sort of thing that in a an ideal world should not happen in football.

It honestly made me wish that it wasn't a penalty but that a rule like penalty goals existed in football. The rules aren't right. That was going to be a sure goal, but it was replaced with something that is only a possibility of a goal.

Edit: It's like committing murder. Yes, you'll go to jail, but it won't bring back the person who was killed.

A very poor one. Any player would do it, because it's the instinctive reaction, a lot in on the line. Maradona won a wc scoring with his hand, I see very little criticism about this, for example.
Btw, in an ideal world there wouldn't be famine, violence, war, diseases, poverty... it's too much to want a sport to be without flaws, as it's played by humans.

BerkeleyBernie

It is peak of unsportsmanship.

Honestly, it didn't bother me, a very smart play by Suarez, who had no other choice for his team. Red card, 1 player down, and a 95% chance of getting a goal on the penalty.

What *is* the "peak of unsportsmanship" for me is the daily cynical fouling without any repercussions of any attacking player a team feels is likely to create a problem if they are allowed to run (i.e. Mourinho's Real Madrid versus Messi/Barça). As long as it isn't a yellow/red card, such players/teams can foul ad nauseum. Legal, of course, under the current rules, but unsporting without doubt: "you're better than me, but I'm not going to allow you to play, and there's nothing you can do about it."

anguy

Nonsense, it's not different when compared to situation when defender fouls attacker going alone on keeper in penalty area... Both are red card and penalty, and penalty is usually easily converted... Those are very severe punishments, it was Ghanian fault they he didn't convert the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans