9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviMessiGirl

I agree with you. However, it's not easy to find help when you suffer such a disease.

Of course... the responsibility also lies with others (in this case, the Uruguayan FA, Tabarez, and his NT teammates). All the statements coming out of Uruguay trying to cover everything up just contributes to his mind's delusion that he didn't do anything wrong, and it's always the other person's fault. But like I said, pity on a human level only goes so far. On a footballing level, someone who has this sort of problem and doesn't get help for it doesn't belong on the pitch at the highest level. If Suarez wasn't a world class player otherwise, we wouldn't even be having this debate and the player would have been relegated into obscurity by now. What if next time it isn't biting, and he breaks someone's leg instead? We don't know if it will someday escalate into something even worse.

It also opens a debate whether or not other players who are excessively aggressive or dirty do it because of underlying psychological issues too. Are we going to start feeling bad for Pepe because we don't know what his upbringing was like?

jairzinho

He has to be banned pronto. Absolutely no room for pity. This sort of despicable behavior has no place on the football pitch. If he did it once, then under those circumstances we could treat it as an unfortunate and reckless one off incident. But this is the 3rd deliberate attempt to bight an opponent. Even more shocking is the failure on his part and Uruguay to admit what he did was wrong makes the situation even worse. Instead of apologizing for his actions his unapologetic response is "these things happen in the area". That's a load of BS. He has to be banned for a lengthy period and fined, and the disciplinary committee should recommend the Uruguayan FA to provide counseling or some psychological treatment.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The biting thing dates back to when this happened to him as a child.

8vjyjxW.gif
:lol:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Suárez has been banned from 20+ games during his time in Liverpool, and if I'm not mistaken, none of them have been because of red cards... What a piece of work...

Meitux

It's a bit shame, since he's a very talented footballer to make his name known for biting people. Since he made it 3 times he surely got a problem... But the point is that he should stay away from football and idk get help to get over it... If not, maybe he shouldn't play ever again.

Povikas

Brandon
As an aficionado of psychology (more deeply in criminal psyche) and psychological profiling, I find this situation and the player extremely intriguing.

Cule4life

The Culest
It's a bit shame, since he's a very talented footballer to make his name known for biting people. Since he made it 3 times he surely got a problem... But the point is that he should stay away from football and idk get help to get over it... If not, maybe he shouldn't play ever again.

Was that intentional? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans