9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

vi1vsk.jpg

BerkeleyBernie

I suspect some sort of behavioral issue in his childhood that makes him subconsciously go for a bite.

Or maybe just a remnant instinct from playing street football as a kid? Whatever the reason, it's clear he loses control. Dirty players in control are sneaky.

XaviMessiGirl

If he has a mental problem like that article implies then it's sad, I've had flashbacks before too and you're not yourself when it happens. But a professional like him NEEDS to get help for something like that (either on his own, or someone needs to convince him if he is too proud to admit he needs help)... the lying and denying by both him and his colleagues when he does something clearly wrong just makes things worse. Feeling pity for him only goes so far, he has to meet us halfway here.

F

Flavia

I'm just finding interesting that some that crucify pepe are defending Suarez, just because he might be signed for Barça. I wonder what these people will say if he signs for rm :p

PaulTaylor

would i be right in saying if he gets a long International Ban but appeals the length he wouldn't be suspended until after the appeal is heard? So might play the rest of the world cup

XaviMessiGirl

I bet many players have such issues. That is no excuse at all.

Yep, a lot of players had poor upbringings, especially South Americans. But the human brain is complicated and certain people react differently to the same situation. Still, he can't do this stuff, get hated for it and then play the victim. He seems intelligent enough to know his actions aren't "normal", but he chooses to vilify himself over and over. And he doesn't only tarnish his own reputation, but the reputation of the club and country he plays for.

F

Flavia

would i be right in saying if he gets a long International Ban but appeals the length he wouldn't be suspended until after the appeal is heard? So might play the rest of the world cup

No. Other players have been banned before, during the wc. I know Leonardo(brazil) was banned in 1994 for elbowing another player.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I'm just finding interesting that some that crucify pepe are defending Suarez, just because he might be signed for Barça. I wonder what these people will say if he signs for rm :p

I find it more interesting that you put Pepe and Suarez in the same line though. Poor example.

F

Flavia

I find it more interesting that you put Pepe and Suarez in the same line though. Poor example.

It's the same to me. Lack of sportsmanship, mental problems, however you see it. One bites and is a racist, the other kicks. Both are dirty players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans