9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomchin

This puts us in a good position. Either we won't go for him at all or we'll be in a position to negotiate for a greatly decreased fee. Both ways, we don't really lose.
But if we sell Sanchez, then we'd play 2 months withouth CF? Don't see how that benefits us.

I suppose he couldn't participate in all the preseason-games too?

Kerrybai

Nah looks like he's banned from all football activity, that would suggest he can't be transferred.

Banned from administrative activity.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Really excessive. Suarez gives a little bite, 9 match ban and 4 months football ban. Song loses his mind and elbows Mandzukic in the back for no reason whatsoever, 2 match ban. Where is the logic in that?

Either way, I think this giver Barca a better bargaining position with LFC for him. Or they back out of the deal altogether. Either way, Barca are in a better spot right now.

Suarez would also be back 1 month into the new season so he would likely only miss 4 games.

Bertus

No. Barca will most likely still go for him. Because 4 months mean nothing. Season starts in September. Ban ends in October. meh.
You didn't reply to my question :(

Maybe i'm wrong but were you not the one that said TS was almost a done deal last summer at a certain point??? That it would be signed in the coming week or two weeks.

I may be wrong so I apologize in advance but i remember having joined this forum because a supposed insider here claimed it was close to be signed while I totally didn't get the same informations here in France.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If the starting fee gets decreased, Barcelona will also get a lot more contenders to recruit him.

Dunno if it's good for you really.

Well Madrid were willing to pay a lot more for him anyway yet he still chose Barcelona. Plus all the reports of talks being advanced with Barca and personal terms agreed indicates that if we wanted to, we could quick-fire this move while Liverpool cut their losses and happily accept Alexis as a replacement. We'll be able to end up with a player of Suarez's caliber without the inflated price tag.

Bertus

Well Madrid were willing to pay a lot more for him anyway yet he still chose Barcelona. Plus all the reports of talks being advanced with Barca and personal terms agreed indicates that if we wanted to, we could quick-fire this move while Liverpool cut their losses and happily accept Alexis as a replacement. We'll be able to end up with a player of Suarez's caliber without the inflated price tag.
That makes no sense business wise. Liverpool despite this story ahs no interest to sell him for cheap. Come on.

Despite what he has done, he's still the best 9 around by far imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans