9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

suarezpunch.gif

Didn't see this one until now..is there something Suarez didn't do on the pitch? :lol:

Albert Lesan ‏@albertlesan 4m View translation
Luis Suárez no podrá ser traspasado en 4 meses! Definitivamente el Barça está gafado!

He says Suarez cannot be transfered for 4 months, not sure if true.

This one is a teribble journalist, but he is employed by Barca TV so he might know something.

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
FUCK FIFA !! If no transfer is possible during this 4 month.. outrageous!!!! Should be appealed. :angry: :angry: Zubi is going to drink heavily tonight. :(

FC B

Of course Costa is a dirty player. All of that sound like excuses. Suarez has a mental problem and needs help, then Pepe does too. The way they express their crazyness may differ, but it's the same principle to me. Both are crazy dirty players. You can't excuse one, saying he is an animal because of his tackles or that he has no remorse, and then say the other that bites(an animalistic thing) is "less worse" because he "just bites". And the worst thing he did was to racially abuse evra, but that somehow gets under the radar.

If what Suarez does is excusable, than what Pepe does is too.

They may sound like excuses but the aren't it is just my opinion. Bascially all those players may look similar on the pitch in terms of their agressiveness. But at a closer look there are total different behaviors in both frequency and severity from their actions.
The main difference between Pepe and Suarez imo is not about remorse. Frist can and most likely would have wanted numerous times to end other players careers or at least injure them as hard as he could in many different ways and many times.
Suarez on the other hand suffers from a specific mental disorder that made him bite three times during his entire professional career. Biting cannot make a player seriously injured and incapacitate him for a long while or for good as some really hard tackles can do this.
The abuse he did on Evra is serious but is also as far as I know a singular case.

I think rm worked on Pepe's disorder because it's been a good while now since I last saw him being El Animal. I firmly believe Barca must work on Suarez issue too so that he won't do this ever again or at least minimze the risk as much as possbile. I'm sure nobody of us would want to see him bite Pepe in an El Clasico or whatever crucial match for Barca that not only could shit on the club's image but probably result in a very lenghty ban for Suarez too.

Last edited:

Bertus

Confirmed here from French radio/TV: He can not be transfered. (still not sure if it's true, that would terrible)

Also confirmed, he plans to appeal the sanction in hope to be able to compete to the rest of the WC.

FIFA also already threatened him that an appeal could lead to a very bigger sanction (2 years i guess)

Last edited:

LMessi85

Fifa is soo funny haha. I know a bite is a bit strange but this kind of punishment? Really?? Why not ban pepe forever? I mean what is worse to strike down a player or to bite a player? A elbow in your face is much harder than a bite on a shoulder. And what did the france player get yesterday yes nothing!!!

Strange how some people defend Suarez biting someone for the 3rd time. Aren't you nuts if you bite someone like he does on the field? A great player but one who needs psycological help. He was ashamed after the two bites and wouldn't do it again (yeah right). Who says he won't do it again?

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
FIFA with yet more prove of what an incompetent, hypocritical, and corrupt organization they are. Racism and violent incidents, some that break bones and put players in hospital and out of football, don't get anywhere near this kind of punishment.

Way to keep things in perspective FIFA.

Alik

The duration of the ban isn't long. He got a 10 match ban the second time he bit someone.

The part of him not allowed to be transferred or take part in practise is harsh if true.

Bertus

Fifa still unsure whether #Suarez ban from ‘all football activity for 4 months’ precludes transfer. Its lawyers checking. #lfc #fcb

— Henry Winter (@henrywinter) June 26, 2014

Still some hope guys.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
FIFA with yet more prove of what an incompetent, hypocritical, and corrupt organization they are. Racism and violent incidents, some that break bones and put players in hospital and out of football, don't get anywhere near this kind of punishment.

Way to keep things in perspective FIFA.

Agree. Pepe is a serial offender and nothing happens to him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
That makes no sense business wise. Liverpool despite this story ahs no interest to sell him for cheap. Come on.

Despite what he has done, he's still the best 9 around by far imo.

Liverpool were fully prepared to sell after the Ivanovic incident, and I'm pretty sure this was the last straw for them. They would have been infuriated by the bite incident itself but the fact that he has a general football ban now as well causes them to suffer, which will make them consider.

All in all they'll see themselves in a position to consider their options. If they were willing to sell him to us anyway, then it's not like they wanted to keep him at all costs. Now with the ban, they're in a tough spot but there is an easy way out. Selling him to Barca is still an option (they won't get peanuts, it'll still be pricey but not as ridiculous as before) and they'll have immediate gratification in the form of Alexis Sanchez coming in at the moment of his highest appeal with his great performances in the WC. The transfer window isn't open yet so they'll still have time to go around looking for a striker.

The issue for Barca is the possible transfer ban and the 4 month suspension. The suspension itself is difficult but manageable as we can survive our beginning of the season (we're not playing in the Supercopa) but if the league Clasico or Atletico match falls before the suspension ends it'll be difficult without Suarez there. We've survived with Pedro starting before and I hope Deulofeu can progress so IMO our beginning of the season will just rely on the form of Neymar's finishing and Messi staying at his best. Suarez will surely have to appeal to get the transfer ban dropped (if there is one) and the suspension shortened if possible. That 'no training' bullshit needs to be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans