9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
B85eZmQCcAAADwK.png

Lomar1o

he's been crucial. would you be happy if he scored goals and we lost matches? it's not like just because he is a striker he was bought to score goals, he was bought to help us WIN games, and that's exactly what he's doing. now, i don't really know the statistics, but on the surface it really looks like that suarez's assists are crucial and that he contributes a lot. but i guess you'd be happy if he just scored whether we win the game or not. suarez will start scoring and you will all scatter.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Up until now he is a FLOP only in the number of goals scored. Should I remind you guys Sanchez was a flop two thirds of his time spent in Barca shirt ( 2 full seasons ? ).

I just hope we won't lose any trophies because of his missing streak that doesn't seem to end very soon.

Damn FC B you really don't get the concept of an anti jinx :lol:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You can tell how spoiled many of us here have become to discount Suarez' contributions and merely focus on his lack of goals in assessing his contributions to the current run of success for the team...Most of the best strikers in history went through phases of just failing to make the most of their chances, Luis is no different and has had droughts like this before everywhere he's played...I think it's a rhythm thing more than anything but he's been outstanding otherwise

C'mon, spoiled or not - an 80M striker should not miss so many sitters. Neymar I understand had a so-so first season, still young and came from Brazilian league. Alexis was not really a goal-scorer and also came from an inferior team - still managed to score more. Suarez is working hard and I acknowledge his contribution, I like his attitude - but what I don't like is the diving, sudden drop in how good he's on the ball and that his finishing skills is that of a mediocre swedish division 4 player.

Kohe321

What I don't like is how "heavy" he seems with his movement and how he's so incredibly tense with the ball at his feet. It makes every step he takes seem overly committing, as if he steps into every stride with full power stomping the ground... This affects his agility and makes him look a bit clumsy and slow, as if he has extra weight under his shoes.

Watching Real Madrid tonight and it frustrates me how much quicker and more agile Benzema is while being both taller and weighing more. I hope this is something that disappears once Luis finds his form and starts to drop his shoulders more, because I can't remember this characteristic from his great season at Liverpool.

Let's hope it starts working for him this weekend at the San Mamés.

barcanuck

What I don't like is how "heavy" he seems with his movement and how he's so incredibly tense with the ball at his feet. It makes every step he takes seem overly committing, as if he steps into every stride with full power stomping the ground... This affects his agility and makes him look a bit clumsy and slow, as if he has extra weight under his shoes.

Watching Real Madrid tonight and it frustrates me how much quicker and more agile Benzema is while being both taller and weighing more. I hope this is something that disappears once Luis finds his form and starts to drop his shoulders more, because I can't remember this characteristic from his great season at Liverpool.

Let's hope it starts working for him this weekend at the San Mamés.

First year in our system is never easy. Look at Neymar for example he has double the output.

Kohe321

Absolutely, I don't blame him, and I'm certain he will find his best form sooner or later. He is coming from a very different league with much more vertical space, from a team playing a very different kind of football where he had much more time to think and more space to use in attack. Add to this the fact that he was banned and only played his first proper game with the team in late october, and it's not that strange. In fact, everything taken into consideration, he has been doing pretty okay. The only thing that seems inexcusable is the horrible finishing, but that will sort itself out along with the rest.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I am not worried about his finishing at all. Finishing has as much to do with confidence as it does with skill. As his overall game improves, so will his confidence and thus his finishing. A couple of goals here and there might also do the trick.

Besides, the front line scoring goals > Suarez scoring goals. The problem is the number of opportunities that the team cannot capitalize on because of a poor touch/pass from Suarez. Creating space for Messi/Neymar is not going to bring him confidence, he needs to get better on the ball to feel more comfortable at Barca. You can see how much it's affecting him already. He needs to chill.

Kohe321

Yeah. And finishing has a lot to do with flow, something he's completely out of now. He seems to overthink things when the ball comes to him, and football (as with other top sports) is all about letting go and acting on muscle memory and instinct. The perfect mix of thought and instinct + confidence = good form. That's when you make the good split-second decisions, like passing the ball to someone open instead of sending a tunnelvision rocket into a defender, or striking the ball at the perfect moment as it bounces sending it into the net instead of over goal.

el chilenito

@fc b whats with your hatred of sanchez? He was not a flop for first two seasons, first season was actually pretty decent but he was extremely injury proned which completely shattered any momentum of form or confidence. First half of second season was terrible no defending him there, up until messi injury in second half of 2012-13 season where sanchez suddenly started assisting and scoring out of nowhere and gelling extremely well with neymar which helped barca alot when messi was out injured. Third season was amazing the jump in quality from his second season. And lets not forget that unforgettable goal in the classico in front of 98000 spectactors and the look on madristas faces when that ball went in. Not relevent to suarez thread lol

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@fc b whats with your hatred of sanchez? He was not a flop for first two seasons, first season was actually pretty decent but he was extremely injury proned which completely shattered any momentum of form or confidence. First half of second season was terrible no defending him there, up until messi injury in second half of 2012-13 season where sanchez suddenly started assisting and scoring out of nowhere and gelling extremely well with neymar which helped barca alot when messi was out injured. Third season was amazing the jump in quality from his second season. And lets not forget that unforgettable goal in the classico in front of 98000 spectactors and the look on madristas faces when that ball went in. Not relevent to suarez thread lol

You got the order wrong. Decent first season. Pathetic second season. Quite a good third and last season.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Bro. We didn't have Neymar in the 12/13 season. Cesc and Alexis were the ones linking up, as we limped to the finish line.

But yeah. Decent first season for a young talent in a new league. Pathetic second season for Slippy Sanchez. And a fantastic third season for Jugadorozo Sanchez.

el chilenito

Lol I totally didnt catch that mistake, blanked out, yeah what I meant was cesc and sanchez in the end of 12/13 season was gelling great, sanchez and neymar gelled up nicely in the 13/14 season. @donak lol isnt that exactly what I stated in my first post? decent first season, bad second season bit of redemption towards the last months, great/jugadorazo mode in final third season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans