9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alik

Some say...

Athletic fans still boo Iniesta to date for a supposed dive 5 years back which was as clear a foul as it gets. Weird fans. Yesterday they applauded Xavi though so I give them that.

I don't know. With Iniesta I'm certain the real reason they boo him is his World Cup winning goal for Spain and the supposed dive is just cover although none of their fans will admit it.

I thought Iniesta is booed because some comments he made about San Mames?

:detective:

doesn't iniesta get booed because he got a player sent of a couple of years ago ?

....All we know is...

He's called the STIG!

109f396b847c9573f95bf07af46a2cf5.jpg

Kerrybai

I think he will hit full stride when he has a man of the match performances, so far when he has scored he has being outshone buy his co stars ( Messi, Neymar ) I like forward to a game where we win say 2-1 and both goals are scored by Suarez, or a 5-0 trashing where he picks up 3. When that happens he will begin to feel like a star again.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
This is the perfect of example of why we have the best attack in the world. Neymar and Suarez alone will draw a shitload of defenders, but Messi is literally an electromagnet. As soon as Messi receives the ball, three Bilbao defenders converge on him. Neymar is left with one man, who is actually more worried about Messi, while Suarez has a shitload of space. By the time the Bilbao midfielder advances near Suarez, it's already too late.
+1.

We couldn't be happier with Lucho. Here's a guy who came from a club where he was the main man, where he won the golden boot as a matter of fact, then seemingly when all to shit a terrible moment in his life professionally and personally with what happened at the world cup, and he is in a new club, league, everything and he can't find his scoring boot. A bit frustrating from his point of view. So what does he do?

He plays for the team every single match, running his ass off and racking up assists. Not once have i seen him be selfish, or become frustrated enough to affect the team negatively. He is handling it like a boss.

His attitude has been Impeccable. Way to go luisito. And yes our team is starting to pop it's head again in the Best Team in the World conversation, our forward line is so in synch and harmonious they'd make the three tenors jealous. For all ya'll Ray Hudson fanatics out there a my little attempt at football poetry :p

DrPepper

+1.

We couldn't be happier with Lucho. Here's a guy who came from a club where he was the main man, where he won the golden boot as a matter of fact, then seemingly when all to shit a terrible moment in his life professionally and personally with what happened at the world cup, and he is in a new club, league, everything and he can't find his scoring boot. A bit frustrating from his point of view. So what does he do?

He plays for the team every single match, running his ass off and racking up assists. Not once have i seen him be selfish, or become frustrated enough to affect the team negatively. He is handling it like a boss.

His attitude has been Impeccable. Way to go luisito. And yes our team is starting to pop it's head again in the Best Team in the World conversation, our forward line is so in synch and harmonious they'd make the three tenors jealous. For all ya'll Ray Hudson fanatics out there a my little attempt at football poetry :p

Agree.

Maybe he's even too much of a team player atm. Which isn't bad at all, but he could do better with a bit more selfishness - it's a confidence thing though.

His case is so similar with Neymar last year when he was trying to set up Messi and the others all the time instead of doing "his own thing". Even Neymar had this fifa-esque bad touch syndrome which Suarez occasionally has, and was fairly wasteful with his chances.

So at some stage I'm fairly sure we will see Suarez scoring goals like these,

But at first he needs to score a bit more consistently. Would love him to get a goal in the next two matches each for a start.

Ghosting

It's not just the goals, Suarez used to walk past defenders for fun, which he has yet to do at Barca, the only thing he still does great at is that Suarez dummy and spin around the defender

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not just the goals, Suarez used to walk past defenders for fun, which he has yet to do at Barca, the only thing he still does great at is that Suarez dummy and spin around the defender

There's less space to do it in La Liga.
It's been proven countless times already.

G

Gasgas

I think he will hit full stride when he has a man of the match performances, so far when he has scored he has being outshone buy his co stars ( Messi, Neymar ) I like forward to a game where we win say 2-1 and both goals are scored by Suarez, or a 5-0 trashing where he picks up 3. When that happens he will begin to feel like a star again.
He had a man of the match performance vs almeria. He came in and assisted both goals to turn a loss to a win

anguy

He has the problem when he needs to make quick decisions... But to tell the truth most of his todays chances looked easier, than they really were. That Iniesta shot-pass was too powerful and Mussaccio made great tackle before that Messi's close miss. Messi has problems with converting too and Neymar is anonymous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans