9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberia

That goal was just crazy. Looks easy but is crazy difficult to hit the ball like that without shooting it to the moon. Great technique!

FC B

B9584zKCcAA-JTW.jpg

:lol:

Fantastic finish from Suarez !!

Zinedinho

:lol:

Suarez is better though!!

He plays more for the team than Etoo ever did and has a better final pass.

I agree. If Eto'o ever came close to world class it was especially because of his hunger. Suárez has that too, but he's technically much better and with a better footballing IQ too. It hasn't been easy to find a balanced attack in the Messi era, for a variety of reasons.

I remember people talked a lot about R.E.M. (Ronaldinho, Eto'o and Messi) back in the day, but that trio didn't last long. Messi's injuries at the beginning of his career and Ronaldinho's decline deprived us of what could've been a legendary trio. They're legendary, but not so much as a trio with a special chemistry. On the other hand, MSN might not sound as cool as R.E.M., but for such a short time together, they're already making a greater impact. And everybody hurts *cough*.

doublehh03

Suarez has been playing great. His finishing was the problem. He always has at least 2-3 great chances every game, but failed to convert them. Now he is.

If he gets into peak form, watch out. MSN will be historically scary.

jj_101

When you watch that and just look at Suarez it is amazing how quickly he changes his body shape when realises how ball is dropping.

It almost looks sped up.
And when you take into account that the chance is falling to your weaker leg, it really is amazing. The balls to even try it. ..never mind pulling it off.

RevoTeller

I agree. If Eto'o ever came close to world class it was especially because of his hunger. Suárez has that too, but he's technically much better and with a better footballing IQ too..

While Suarez is obviously a great player, I totally disagree about Eto'o: Samuel hasn't indeed been the best forward of the world for years only because of his hunger, or physical skills, he was also class with his feet and, especially, a very intelligent and ductile player.
Suarez is fantastic clearly but he still has a lot to prove in football before his name can be mentioned in the same sentence of Eto'o's (obviously for him and for Barça I hope he can do it quickly).

Kerrybai

The only thing I feel he needs now for his confidence is a game where he is the 'star' scoring a couple of winning goals etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans