9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
[VINE]https://vine.co/v/OP9Pgnu9KpI[/VINE]

Goal of the season so far.

Can just watch it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
B95wGO8CEAAV5Ul.png

TS has no expression at all. The German is cooler than Ronaldo's form. Dayum!

JamDav1982

[VINE]https://vine.co/v/OP9Pgnu9KpI[/VINE]

Goal of the season so far.

Can just watch it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ...

The build up to that goal is really impressive as well.

Masch playing probing passes into midfield and to Barta looking for an opening, then he spots one out wide on the left and zings a perfect ball to Adriano.

JamDav1982

That video doesnt really show it but if you watch the full match highlights you get an idea how important Maschs passing is to this team and his ability to ping it out wide.

Masch recovers ball in half. Passes it early to Adriano out wide. Nowhere for him to go so passes back to Masch who passes to the right but again comes back as Levante have it covered. Masch then tries through middle to Xavi who is covered and passes it back to him.

Masch then sees Adriano out wide and further forward and produces an inch perfect pass.

The probing passing of Masch from the back is a huge tool for Barc and he does it better than any other CB around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MVLyXMzB6Y&feature=player_embedded

Go to 6.18 on that video it shows it better.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

The only thing I feel he needs now for his confidence is a game where he is the 'star' scoring a couple of winning goals etc.
Reminds me of Eto'o opener in that CL final- such a monumental goal. We were getting outplayed to start the game and his goal turned the tables in one brilliant moment of bravery. EPIC! Would love to have our guy Suarez score a huge goal like that for us too!

Barcilliant

Suarez can't be mentioned in the same breath as Eto but I hope it happens. He will improve though and we might see the best frontline ever if the trio continue to build on this.

RevoTeller

I agree. If Eto'o ever came close to world class it was especially because of his hunger. Suárez has that too, but he's technically much better and with a better footballing IQ too.

While Suarez is clearly a great player and the best striker in the world if on form, I disagree regarding Eto'o.
Samuel Eto'o has been the best forward on the planet for years not only because of his hunger or physical skills, but also because he was class with his feet, an extremely smart and ductile player and, above all, a big game player; he was so sharp, so focused.
I believe that Suarez at his best (and still we have not seen this) is a better player than Eto'o (and this speaks volume of how really good Suarez could be) but I don't think that for now Suarez's name can be mentioned alongside Eto'o's in the same sentence, since Samuel proved so much in football; still, Luis has plenty of time left in order to catch that level, and for him and Barça I really hope he'll do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans