9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj_101

He just dived in a CHARITY match

Liverpool-charity-match.jpg

He also tried to bite Gerrard's ear, and tackled Charragher to the ground.

Sekou

We need our players to take some risks. If every player is supposed to make the safe pass all the time, we inevitably end up with enormous Messi dependency. Messi takes risks when he gets the ball. And obviously virtually everyone is okay with that. But if we are not okay with other players taking risks, then what you are asking for is for the team to rely on Messi to make anything happen, because you are saying other players should not try anything. We need more than just Messi to be willing to take such risks. Suarez is willing to do it, and I think that is a good thing. As long as the plays/passes he is attempting are not abnormally low percentage plays, then we are fine. And, so far, he has NOT been trying stupidly low percentage stuff. He just hasn't always succeeded at what he tries. But that is to be expected. In my mind, I'd rather a player try a through ball on a break and miss it a lot of the time than have that player make a safe pass every time there is a break. The former will kill the break sometimes and create goals other times, whereas the latter will do nothing of worth ever.

You just killed off the Neymar/Pedro argument, analyzing exactly why Pedro is so useless these days.

L

linetty

If he has a bad game he also starts diving and is the most irritating player on the planet, should of been subbed of earlier

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We should get a gif of it. But that was a clear dive imo.

The other player stepped on his foot. For a raging bull like Suarez he could've perhaps stayed up, but most players get down for that, and some for even less.

Even if the ref adjudged it a dive or a very soft foul, the yellow is a bit too much IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans