9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cris29

Your post is a bit short sighted and stuck in the Pep era. What we have now is FAR greater than the two seasons past and sets us up not only in the immediate but for long term success. I couldn't disagree more that there were better options for this squad than Luis Suarez. Sure Douglas was a bust and Verm was a gamble but Rakitic, Suarez, Stegen, Bravo, Mathieu have ALL been excellent additions. Next year we will be even better. Trying to recreate the past was part of our problem and kept us looking stale and desperate to fit in so many players who could not or would not play that style. We are finally starting to play with identity again.

I disagree, as i was including the fact that this season is our best shot at trophies until 2016/17, as we can't sign anyone until Jan window (be CL cup tied also). I wasn't thinking about players fitting into a Pep system at all, i didn't mention anything of the sort. I stated that we lack creativity in midfield; if that is what you meant by "pep era" then my god do you wanna sign only forwards every season? We do lack creativity, we create NOTHING with our midfielders. Suggesting next year will be better, when Xavi is gone, Iniesta will decline even further, Mathieu is soon 32 (i didnt mind his signing) and possibly Alves leaving so we will spent half the season atleast with Montoya as RB.

Btw how does our current side set us up for long-term success? I find that notion ridiculous, its for short-term if anything. Suggesting im the short-sighted one is rather silly seeing as my post was specifically regarding next season also & considerable future. I think you are being short-sighted. Only difference in "long-term" between last season and this one is Ter Stegen and Rakitic, the former will be a great keeper but the latter won't reach the heights of his counterparts in Madrid. Real Madrid have a long-term success plan, in addition to their current squad being superior to our own. How can you not see this? Do you really think likes of Rafinha, and Rakitic starting next season will win us trophies?

I don't care about our style as others, but we don't really have a side that compliments each other.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I think you should take a look at his stats. Keep in mind, that he was banned from all football activities for 4 months and got his debut in the end of October. Also, he is adapting to a new team and league.

vvsvsv.png

He is directly involved with a goal every 89 minute. If this isn't impressive, then I don't know what is.

He will beast it out next season. 30+ goals and 20+ assists incoming.

Well, while I don't disagree with statistics and that he's been involved in x goals - there is also what we can observe. What we can observe is that he misses way to many easy chances, he trips over his own feet, to often he can't give a simple pass and his technique is way below that of even our defenders such as Pique or Alves, not to mention players like Messi, Neymar or Iniesta (even though he going through bad times) or players we had previously such as Henry, Romario, Ronaldo, Deco, Ronaldinho and so on. In relation to these players it's like we got an amateur on our hands, just frustrating at times.

Pepe Silvia

I disagree, as i was including the fact that this season is our best shot at trophies until 2016/17, as we can't sign anyone until Jan window (be CL cup tied also). I wasn't thinking about players fitting into a Pep system at all, i didn't mention anything of the sort. I stated that we lack creativity in midfield; if that is what you meant by "pep era" then my god do you wanna sign only forwards every season? We do lack creativity, we create NOTHING with our midfielders. Suggesting next year will be better, when Xavi is gone, Iniesta will decline even further, Mathieu is soon 32 (i didnt mind his signing) and possibly Alves leaving so we will spent half the season atleast with Montoya as RB.

Btw how does our current side set us up for long-term success? I find that notion ridiculous, its for short-term if anything. Suggesting im the short-sighted one is rather silly seeing as my post was specifically regarding next season also & considerable future. I think you are being short-sighted. Only difference in "long-term" between last season and this one is Ter Stegen and Rakitic, the former will be a great keeper but the latter won't reach the heights of his counterparts in Madrid. Real Madrid have a long-term success plan, in addition to their current squad being superior to our own. How can you not see this? Do you really think likes of Rafinha, and Rakitic starting next season will win us trophies?

I don't care about our style as others, but we don't really have a side that compliments each other.
Here are the facts. Defensively we have made huge improvements. We are conceding less on corners and are less vulnerable on set pieces. Offensively we have made huge improvements. We are scoring more on headers, we are holding the ball up, all areas of the final third have lethal world class finishers. Teams don't know what to do with us. Last year the recipe to beat Barca was simple. This year in no way can teams easily prepare for us. The future is bright because we aren't trying to recreate the past (Xavi/Pep system). I for one am enjoying this much needed breath of fresh air.

I

instinct

Proved his class, talent and worth tonight.

Great goals and great performance. He scored so many crucial goals for us this season. I'm so glad that we have him in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans