9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn

I thought he was more absent than usual in our overall play, but he made use of his chances :D! And that's exactly what we need from him and Neymar. If they can finish more of the typical 10+ chances they are given per game like they did with the few chances yesterday, we'll be unstoppable!

No matter how critical and upset I get with Suarez, when he scores it all disappears :D. Would love to see him play like his price tag more often :)

JamDav1982

I thought he was more absent than usual in our overall play, but he made use of his chances :D! And that's exactly what we need from him and Neymar. If they can finish more of the typical 10+ chances they are given per game like they did with the few chances yesterday, we'll be unstoppable!

No matter how critical and upset I get with Suarez, when he scores it all disappears :D. Would love to see him play like his price tag more often :)

He had a good all round game. Pressed like a maniac, usual unselfish runs off ball and set up Messi chance which hit post in first half.

Galaxyman

It's all about his poor childhood and Sofia. Thats where his insane drive comes from I think.
To chase her to the other side of the world, slowly rising from Groningen to his ultimate goal Barcelona.

Compare him with Messi, both of them have a style where you can tell its the same since they first touched a ball on the streets.
One is extremely gifted, pure dribbler, classy, goes straight from South America to Barca and is a genius.

The other one an impulsive hard working, gutsy player who reaches his end goal due to his insane drive to win, its not even a will, more like a junkie desperate for a fix.
That never give up mentality shows in everything he does, his dribbles, recovering balls, firing on the attack. When you fail try as many times till it does succeed, then its a beautiful reward. So much drive that it borders on the psychotic at times. A mad genius.

Really happy with Suarez and what he contributes to Barca.

Love this post. To add to this, I also think his insane drive is partly his upbringing and patly the unique football culture he was raised in. In South American football we see Uruguay as basically a "psychopathic Rocky" :lol:. Think the "Spartans" of the football world. Suarez is a perfect example of that tradition.

Last edited:

mark1nhu

Here in Brazil we call it "Raça Uruguaia", something like "Uruguayan Race".

Not literally because we do not mean as a genetic thing, but like a spiritual attribute from Uruguayans to always fight in a insane level, until the end.

Luisito is the incarnation of Raça Uruguaia, for sure.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Here in Brazil we call it "Raça Uruguaia", something like "Uruguayan Race".

Not literally because we do not mean as a genetic thing, but like a spiritual attribute from Uruguayans to always fight in a insane level, until the end.

Luisito is the incarnation of Raça Uruguaia, for sure.

Cavani too, tbf. The guy runs 13 km a game. That's a lot for a striker.

xXKonan

10653552_807297145984796_8176195264113102871_n.png

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
What,seriously?

Source?
13km a game is exceptional for any player regardless of position. I'm skeptical. It would mean he on average covers a full km more than the hardest working player in the premier league.
http://talksport.com/football/premi...ers-average-distance-covered-game-201415?p=14

The commentator on the channel I watched game on mentioned it. He always talks about some interesting stats on any player throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans