9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordLichtenstein

Always knew that he would be a beast here. I can't stress how good it is to finally have a proper number 9 again. Especially a rare type like Suárez. I love his passion for the game. Typical of players from Uruguay.

Must be all of those tasty chivitos that they eat in Uruguay.:suarez:
A shame we didn't buy him from Ajax back in the day, instead of buying Villa.

Serbian

CR fan detected! :lol:

Am I on drugs ? well first of all, f you :) And second, go check the freekick stats, Messi over his carreer is around 7% whish is pretty good.
Negative!! i am Suarez fan!! Suarez is my fav player of all time. and messi is better than CR7 but suarez is way better free kick taker

G

Gasgas

Always knew that he would be a beast here. I can't stress how good it is to finally have a proper number 9 again. Especially a rare type like Suárez. I love his passion for the game. Typical of players from Uruguay.

Must be all of those tasty chiellinis that they eat in Uruguay.:suarez:
Edited it so that i can laugh at it

StarLord

Villa wasnt that bad of a transfer, his first season was very good, just unlucky with the injury.

I was/am a huge fan of Villa, but we bought him just as he started to decline.

I agree that the injury hindered what he could have done for us, but there is no changing that we bought Villa too late. Back then Suarez was a kid, and was actually linked to us, clearly stating that he was dreaming of playing for FC Barcelona.

But yeah, this is all hindsight now. I am happy he arrived here even as a 27 year old.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Negative!! i am Suarez fan!! Suarez is my fav player of all time. and messi is better than CR7 but suarez is way better free kick taker

I don't have the stats for him, but I have a feeling Suarez is like CR7, scores screamer freekicks, but overall ratio < Messi.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Wrong thread bro, this isn't Penaldo thread sorry. Messi's FK conversion rate is way better than that lel

free-kick-whoscored-football_3290309.jpg

footyfan

Calma, calma
Apparently that chart counts all free kicks, not just attempts on goal

Then this would indeed be a misleading chart. However, I don't think your statement is true (you got it from reddit?) because why would they talk about free-kick conversion rates for indirect free-kicks?

Your point being ?

We all know it just got better because of that 1 goal against Eibar lately, otherwise he was up to 54 attempts ..

What's your point? This is as cut-and-dried a stat as possible.

So, his goal against Eibar shouldn't count? Maybe Messi's against Bilbao shouldn't count either. Are you mad your hero is not as good as you thought?

Ursegor

World Champion
I don't know why this should be a problem. Suarez/Neymar right footed = freekicks from the left. Messi left footed = freekicks from the right. Problem solved. At least Messi lets others have a go from time to time like Neymar against Sevilla and doesn't completely monopolize all freekicks although I don't understand why Suarez never lines up for one. He is really really good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans