9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

raskolnikov

Suarez been quoted saying the premier league is best in world

Could be, I think the epl nowadays is a lot weaker than 10 years ago but it will surely get better with the money flowing into the country nowadays at the same pace as the immigrants from calais.
I dont see why its stronger than la liga though, barca and real would destroy the right half side as badly as they do here, and a team like chelsea would compete with Atletico for third place.
Liverpool would be lucky to be #5, Valencia and Sevilla are better.

Serbian

Have some respect. That "incompetent manager with no balls" won the treble.
Dont make me laugh!!! are you serious? Bottom line is this" if it wasnt for messi to understand and let Suarez play through middle, Enrique would have never moved messi to the right, period. And like beckenbauer keizer said about barca" when you have world class talent like barca reminds me of my team bayern in 70s its more important to have a good psychologist than a coach, cause the players can do everything on their own.
im not saying enrique is a bad coach, but judging from his past teams he coached and tactics, i would say he is a very avrg coach, not a world class manager. Having Messi Suarez, Neymar, iniesta, mascherano its a huge advantage. I hope and think he is a great psychologist that he is able to keep moral high of team, but he is not a ancheloti or mourinho world class coach, despite winning everything, i think the 124 goals of MSN made the real difference we are talking about greatest attacking trio of all time, so a psychologist is more important than a coach and its tactics, and MSN did not start firing on all cylinders until Suarez moved centrally, and you can day dream but enrique never would dare move messi to the right, and thats a FACT

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Dont make me laugh!!! are you serious? Bottom line is this" if it wasnt for messi to understand and let Suarez play through middle, Enrique would have never moved messi to the right, period. And like beckenbauer keizer said about barca" when you have world class talent like barca reminds me of my team bayern in 70s its more important to have a good psychologist than a coach, cause the players can do everything on their own.

Never? Are YOU serious? Please.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho brought pyschologist with him and has him involved a lot. So yeah, Serbian, even if what you say was right, it's still Lucho's credit :)

Icarium

Lifestealer
Plus his training style and his detail to very minute details. Heavy monitoring of the training sessions from different views and devicing good plans for them so that they stay fit. Lucho and his staff deserve lot of credit for last season. They did a great job. Unzue especially from lucho's staff.

Henry_IB

Banned
Even if Messi himself was the one who put Suarez in the center there are other aspects you can't deny changed when Lucho became coach compared to Tata.

We didn't magically regain our pressing nor can you attribute that our defense which has been shaky for years magically became good again either. Lucho deserves credit, he may not be as tactically sound as Mourinho or Ancelotti, it's debatable, but don't make it out to be like he's extremely average.

anguy

We didn't magically regain our pressing nor can you attribute that our defense which has been shaky for years magically became good again either. Lucho deserves credit, he may not be as tactically sound as Mourinho or Ancelotti, it's debatable, but don't make it out to be like he's extremely average.

To be fair, our defense started to improve under Martino - we were second in goals allowed that season behind Atletico, I believe - and Martino had FAR worse personal to choose from.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Lucho is no tactical genius, but the team works, both defensively and offensively, so all good :)

Back to back trebble here we come !

... But messi wanted to move to the right since he himself initiated that change.

lol at people bashing enrique for fearing to ask him something that Messi wanted.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
To be fair, our defense started to improve under Martino - we were second in goals allowed that season behind Atletico, I believe - and Martino had FAR worse personal to choose from.

No and no. We don't have to be conceding >50 goals per season in the league to have a bad defense, which we clearly did. We'd concede early to many small teams with ease and our pressing game was non-existent, just lazy retreating every time we lost the ball. Our set piece defense was also ridiculously comical.

Tata also didn't have "worse personnel", he had the EXACT same starting back line. The only difference is that Alves/Pique were their same underwhelming selves under Tata whereas Lucho got the very best out of them after a long time of struggling with form (plus Alba became very reliable defensively).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans