9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serbian

Besides 2 amazing free kicks, neither messi or raketic or busquets looked that good today, both Suarez and messi took a nap after 60th min its easy to see neither is 100% not even close. Suarez had a goal and assist, or it would sound better if he did score the 1v1 goal keeper, but same crap assist or him scoring led to same outcome. Once iniesta was subbed nobody tried to find him when he does his famouse runs behind defence, i thought in 2 nd half he had started 2 great run waiting for a pass that never came! He had plenty of goals like that in liverpool from passes from gerrard. Barcas creativity was non existant when iniesta came off

FC B

Good game overall but way too many crucial misses and even more amplified fallings. I thought wtf at sone point. Sanchez slipped all the time and now his replacement falls at every freaking single contact asking for a foul ?
I saw that all the past season but tonight was too much even for me...

I'm glad he finally scored and that he was consistent in the first half, pressing, winning balls, passing and being involved more than the previous season in the creation of chances.
I could tell he did the preseason training with the team, I saw progress in this regard.

Last edited:

silvia

he is a big threat to opposition anyway.
there were 3 or 4 marking him so it was alright.
never annoyed by my players diving😂 only if they are not injured:lol:

and sorry about other player saying but Hazard is a big hollywood scene actor at every single game.

Serbian

I agree he falls to easily, but i guess thats what south american do when the game is in doubt, and they do everything to win. He must fix that, but i dont think even with preseason he anywhere near 100% both messi and suarez as well as raketic were walking after 60 th min, even later on you could see their legs were shot, only rafinha looked good in fitness

bongo128

I don't agree about the diving part. Yes he is strong and that gives the impression he can withstand the kicks that defenders give him when he is with back from the goal, and probably he could but that doesn't mean that this subtle little kicks are not fouls. Most of the times you can see on the replays that this knee kicks are not light at all. It's just his style of play to hold the ball that provokes such dirty tackles.

Kuchi

Glad he scored, didn't like his missed 1v1, reminded me of that Neuer save in the 1st leg vs. Bayern. Hell he made up for it, seconds after, not to mention scoring the 4th.

Suavesito :suarez:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Hope he never repeats the diving non-sense from yesterday, my opinion of him will drop drastically if I have to watch that show every game.. :(

raskolnikov

Hope he never repeats the diving non-sense from yesterday, my opinion of him will drop drastically if I have to watch that show every game.. :(

Suarez bad side and doing everything to win mentality only comes out when we are struggling. Luckily it wont be very often.
One thing I accepted regarding Suarez is that he is a flawed genius, he can pull of insane stuff like against psg and be crucial like vs Real, Juve or City but the other side of him with the fouls , diving and biting wil always be there as well, wont change either . As he had been for Barca this last year will be the most timid you will ever see him.

Galaxyman

I'm always fascinated by how different football cultures are worldwide. In Spain yesterday, everyone in the bar was chuckling at Suarez's 1-2 dives. The announcer would even congratulate him: "nice attempt by Luis there. But the ref wasn't buying!". It's seen as an art form (and in Italy, + South America).

Yet, I'm 150% sure that if you turned on the English broadcast, the reaction would have been very different lol! "Disgraceful! He's ruining the game!".

I love coming to this forum. Mostly because what people write here is usually the 180 degree polar opposite of how people in Barcelona/Spain are reacting to Barça & Suarez (etc). People (and the local media) adore him there!

Serbian

[tw]631468135137312768[/tw]

Congrats, Luisito!

Suarez deserves it!!! man after he should have been on baloor last year and because of biting he was disqualified i think he should win it! messi was amazing but i think suarez showed up in all key big matches and assisted scored worked hard its redemption! but im sure messi will win it but if there was any justice suarez should win it!

footyfan

Calma, calma
Suarez deserves it!!! man after he should have been on baloor last year and because of biting he was disqualified i think he should win it! messi was amazing but i think suarez showed up in all key big matches and assisted scored worked hard its redemption! but im sure messi will win it but if there was any justice suarez should win it!

I agree. Suarez definitely deserves it over Messi. It's disgraceful that Messi has tricked everyone into thinking he's the best player in the world. He will be exposed when he moves to the Premier League unlike Suarez who was the best player in the league with Liverpool.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans