9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxyman

From [MENTION=20217]barca[/MENTION]stuff

Mitjans (judge Fifa): "Chiellini told us: it was nothing, it was like a kiss I give my girlfriend. I exaggerated to get Suarez sent off."

I wanted to vomit when I first read this. It's beyond reproach what FIFA did. It's flat out illegal.

I don't doubt for a second that FIFA would have CGI'ed Suarez biting Chiellini. They would have done anything.

Serbian

Welcome back Count Dracula Suarez;)! With messi out, Suarez gotta take over the roal of free roaming, and be main guy! He needs to shoot penalties. Im 100% confident Suarez can carry this team

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Two nice finishes and decisive of course but he needs to up his game again. Those two passes to Neymar were autrocious. You simply have to get two assists out of that.

xXKonan

CP2E00mWcAAyru6.jpg

RevoTeller

Suarez is way more decisive than Ronaldo (a universe apart). He's proven that in club and international football. Especially when his teams are playing badly.

Ronaldo's the guy who scores a hattrick vs. Granada after they're already winning 3-0. He rarely does anything when his teams are being outplayed.

I totally agree.
Today, finally Suarez pulled the trigger!

Alik

He could have had a hat trick.

Nice to see him scoring goals!

But yeah, some poor passes.

edit: Awesome header btw.

FC B

Loved he was decisive and the best Barca player today!
Still has to improve passing. Now that Messi is out for an extendend period I hope he'll get way more involved in finishing.

Chewbacka91

I see a big opportunity and a possible mentality shift for Suarez as Messi gets injured, and don't get me wrong, I am sad about Messi's injury, but from the point of view of Suarez performance I think this is what he needed to bring back the beast he was before. (Yes, when he was at Liverpool he was better than he is now, last season he was good but not on his top form).

If you, like me, watched him when he played at Liverpool, you know what kind of a player he is and what he is capable of when he is the leader of the team. Liverpool's mentality was this: pass the ball to Suarez and let him do his thing, as long as we provide him passes we will win. And it was exactly like that, the reality is that Liverpool didn't win the cup just because the team was so shitty defensively that even Suarez couldn't carry them with so many goals they conceded.
Not saying that now that Messi is out he will feel like the leader of the team, of course there are still huge players here that Liverpool didn't have to compete with Luis, but maybe and just maybe... Suarez now gets confident and takes the team on his shoulders like he did with Liverpool, trying to find the net everytime and not trying to find Messi instead(like he does many times now at Barca, wasting clear shot chances just to assist Messi).

If this happens we will be fine even without Messi's help. Suarez is capable of this, he just needs to overcome his fears and get centered and he will take the role of main scorer that Messi had.

Last edited:

arjunanand1

I see a big opportunity and a possible mentality shift for Suarez as Messi gets injured, and don't get me wrong, I am sad about Messi's injury, but from the point of view of Suarez performance I think this is what he needed to bring back the beast he was before. (Yes, when he was at Liverpool he was better than he is now, last season he was good but not on his top form).

If you, like me, watched him when he played at Liverpool, you know what kind of a player he is and what he is capable of when he is the leader of the team. Liverpool's mentality was this: pass the ball to Suarez and let him do his thing, as long as we provide him passes we will win. And it was exactly like that, the reality is that Liverpool didn't win the cup just because the team was so shitty defensively that even Suarez couldn't carry them with so many goals they conceded.
Not saying that now that Messi is out he will feel like the leader of the team, of course there are still huge players here that Liverpool didn't have to compete with Luis, but maybe and just maybe... Suarez now gets confident and takes the team on his shoulders like he did with Liverpool, trying to find the net everytime and not trying to find Messi instead(like he does many times now at Barca, wasting clear shot chances just to assist Messi).

If this happens we will be fine even without Messi's help. Suarez is capable of this, he just needs to overcome his fears and get centered and he will take the role of main scorer that Messi had.

The mentality thing may be a fair point, but I really doubt Luisito has any fears as such. I mean the man doesn't let anything get past him and chases down pretty much every ball! His workrate has dropped a bit recently but I noticed that it picked up to it's usual standards today. More of the same please Luisito! :)

Serbian

Suarez needs to be the fulcrum of this team now. A false 9 with freedom to roam whereever just like at liverpool. He is a beast with him as the main guy Barca has every shot to win every game. im not worried that we lost messi, as long Suarez is there possibilties are limittless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans