9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxyman

To be honest, the actual reaction by Barca fans in Spain is literally the opposite of what some people are writing here.

I notice a lot of "quirks" that irritate people here, simply don't exist in Spain (or Italy, or all of South America). In fact, he's seen as even more of a legend because of his screaming, passion, pure drive to win. These irritations are usually seen in English, or Eastern European fans.

At 1st glance, it would seem this forum is 99% filled with ex-Manchester United fans. Most of whom probably are torturing a "Suarez voodoo doll" during every game. :lol: Saying "Damn it!!" every time he scores. :lol:

Guess the haters are sleeping safely in their caves tonight :)

JamDav1982

To be honest, the actual reaction by Barca fans in Spain is literally the opposite of what some people are writing here.

I notice a lot of "quirks" that irritate people here, simply don't exist in Spain (or Italy, or all of South America). In fact, he's seen as even more of a legend because of his screaming, passion, pure drive to win. These irritations are usually seen in English, or Eastern European fans.

At 1st glance, it would seem this forum is 99% filled with ex-Manchester United fans. Most of whom probably are torturing a "Suarez voodoo doll" during every game. :lol: Saying "Damn it!!" every time he scores. :lol:

Guess the haters are sleeping safely in their caves tonight :)

What are you on about?

People are saying that he was arguing and blaming his own team mates at times and it wasnt good to watch and wont be good for team.

Galaxyman

Yeah, me too...I like his enormous effort, but beside that I'm very, very confused about him.

I get you man. But TBH, I'd rather a guy who's that clinical (like, on an all-time legend level), vs. Chicharito who plays well 99% of a game, and then misses a sitter my grandmother could have scored.

Which would you rather have? (Hint: 1 of these 2 answers was key in providing Barca with 4 major titles in his first season)

Last edited:

Galaxyman

What are you on about?

People are saying that he was arguing and blaming his own team mates at times and it wasnt good to watch and wont be good for team.

What's good for the team is the GK doing his basic job. These in-fights happen every game at this level. It's just that the camera happened to show this one.

DrPepper

With his first touch and passing it's maybe better if he wrestles the last defender and just tries to get on the end of a decent pass and score. Build up is not his strong side imo.

I wouldn't say so. He's been very creative and technically impressive during his time at Liverpool, which made him so interesting for us in the first place. Being technically sound while a killer in front of goal.

I don't expect him to suddenly become Messi and prime Iniesta in one person anyway. Without Leo we simply just can't afford to play with 9 men plus Suarez lurking behind the defence.

dakt

Confused? I suppose you can email Barca to return the La Liga, Copa del Rey, and Champions League Suarez just won you on his 1st season. If you still feel confused that is.

And how can you tell if that would have been the case with any other player in his place....say Villa?
What I'm addressing is his ball control, first touches and passes that can be very poor sometimes. Yet he can be decisive in big games....so it's natural to be confused with such a player.

JamDav1982

What's good for the team is the GK doing his basic job. These in-fights happen every game at this level. It's just that the camera happened to show this one.

'This one'?

He was doing it throughout the game and it is not something you see a player doing all that often at Barca.

Ronaldo gets ripped to shreds for acting like that so its not just a way players behave every game.

JamDav1982

I wouldn't say so. He's been very creative and technically impressive during his time at Liverpool, which made him so interesting for us in the first place. Being technically sound while a killer in front of goal.

I don't expect him to suddenly become Messi and prime Iniesta in one person anyway. Without Leo we simply just can't afford to play with 9 men plus Suarez lurking behind the defence.

Suarez at Liverpool was exactly the same - moments of genius mixed with really sloppy touches etc.

He has been the exact player Barca bought.

FC B

Good. It means u're on the good side. How can anybody think a top class athlete like Suarez can be fat in the first place? Imo you gotta be ignorant and not too smart at all to state such an enormity.

Galaxyman

'This one'?

He was doing it throughout the game and it is not something you see a player doing all that often at Barca.

Ronaldo gets ripped to shreds for acting like that so its not just a way players behave every game.

TBH man, give me Suarez over a Chicharito type any day. Suarez adored by the squad and seen as a natural leader. (Him defending Jordi was brilliant)

I think you're misinterpreting Suarez's "god damn it!" reactions as if he's insulting the other players. LFC fans were first confused by this too. He's actually saying "God damn it!" for the team (or in frustration with himself). Watch him closely, and you'll almost always see him throw a "thumbs up" immediately after his frustration.

After 1 season, LFC fans got used to this and realized what he was really doing. Their love for him only grew exponentially from there.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Really annoying today with all the complaining and screaming on team mates.. not cool suarezito, not cool!

Thanx for the goal though :)

JamDav1982

TBH man, give me Suarez over a Chicharito type being "nice" and "friendly" with everyone.

I think you're misinterpreting Suarez's "god damn it!" reactions as if he's insulting the other players. LFC fans were first confused by this too. He's actually saying "God damn it!" for the team (or in frustration with himself). Watch him closely, and you'll almost always see him throw a "thumbs up" immediately after his frustration.

No I am not misinterpreting it.

Suarez actively had a go at a lot of his team mates tonight. Much more so than he does normally.

Irrelevant to bring the likes of Chicarito into it and dont want Suarez to change from way he is normally.

Galaxyman

No I am not misinterpreting it.

Suarez actively had a go at a lot of his team mates tonight. Much more so than he does normally.

Irrelevant to bring the likes of Chicarito into it and dont want Suarez to change from way he is normally.

Well if it bothers you that much, then email Barcelona and ask to sign friendlier players.

- Ones who shrug their shoulders when losing 0-1.
- Ones who say "eh...i'm getting paid 200k a week. Why do I even care?".

Those will definitely offend you a lot less. And keep you much happier man. (I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans