9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrep

God I hate these self-entitled Internet "fans" that care more about their online persona than about the club and it's key players.

If you're complaining about Suarez or some other key player every opportunity you get then you're nothing but a plastic glory hunting tw*t. :whatever:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. This guy is a freaking maniac but can be such a genius at times. Annoys everyone for 89 minutes but wins you the game with a wonder striker in the last minute.

JamDav1982

Well if it bothers you that much, then email Barcelona and ask to sign friendlier players.

- Ones who shrug their shoulders when losing 0-1.
- Ones who say "eh...i'm getting paid 200k a week. Why do I even care?".

Those will definitely offend you a lot less. And keep you much happier man. (I hope)

You must think this 'email Barca' is a clever response judging by the fact you keep using it.

I dont want a 'friendly' Suarez just a Suarez that doesnt constantly moan and blame team mates as he did tonight.

You seem to try and equate this blaming of team mates as passion and part of Suarez play every week when it isnt.

Go and watch Ronaldo you will love the passionate way he blames team mates every week.

Serbian

No I am not misinterpreting it.

Suarez actively had a go at a lot of his team mates tonight. Much more so than he does normally.

Irrelevant to bring the likes of Chicarito into it and dont want Suarez to change from way he is normally.

Suarez has always been clinical in big games, but today on at least 3 occasions his team mates failed to find him. Also Suarez would be more lethal in a 4-4-2 with another striker with him, playing him as a lone CF up front works but barca has a slow build up which isolates him and is not the best for him, esp if messi is missing. People need to realize that Suarez is a warrior a pitbull a born winner and a leader. He plays on the edge and he is an X factor even when you think he has terrible game he can deliver unbeliveble goal. Scary scary thing is that Suarez is not in top form i would say he is at 50% but he is scoring goals already....be scared opossition!! And i say it again! Neymar is not the guy that will carry barca! its Suarez!

Galaxyman

I dont want a 'friendly' Suarez just a Suarez that doesnt constantly moan and blame team mates as he did tonight.

You seem to try and equate this blaming of team mates as passion and part of Suarez play every week when it isnt.

Go and watch Ronaldo you will love the passionate way he blames team mates every week.

The BIG difference between Suarez and Ronaldo, is that Suarez has been adored in every squad he's ever been in. Especially now in Barcelona. That's why I take those moments with a grain of salt.

JamDav1982

Suarez has always been clinical in big games, but today on at least 3 occasions his team mates failed to find him. Also Suarez would be more lethal in a 4-4-2 with another striker with him, playing him as a lone CF up front works but barca has a slow build up which isolates him and is not the best for him, esp if messi is missing. People need to realize that Suarez is a warrior a pitbull a born winner and a leader. He plays on the edge and he is an X factor even when you think he has terrible game he can deliver unbeliveble goal. Scary scary thing is that Suarez is not in top form i would say he is at 50% but he is scoring goals already....be scared opossition!! And i say it again! Neymar is not the guy that will carry barca! its Suarez!

I am a huge fan of Suarez and argued for Barca to get him from the moment they were linked with him in 2014.

People keep trying to take this debate down different ways...all I am saying is the way he acted tonight towards some team mates was not on. Imagine all players acted like that it would be mayhem.

Serbian

And how can you tell if that would have been the case with any other player in his place....say Villa?
What I'm addressing is his ball control, first touches and passes that can be very poor sometimes. Yet he can be decisive in big games....so it's natural to be confused with such a player.

Suarez has always been great at dribbling the problem is he is not as techinical as some barca players but also the fact that barca play a very slow build up does not suit his style the best, because he is the best at higher pace and is a situational player one of the best in chaotic moments, but i think he will deliver he has been learning the system its just i wished the would play with 2 strikers he would benefit cause he would have 1 CB to worry about instead of occupying the space where 2 Cbs are at

JamDav1982

The BIG difference between Suarez and Ronaldo, is that Suarez has been adored in every squad he's ever been in. Especially now in Barcelona. That's why I take those moments with a grain of salt.

Again.... I am saying the way Suarez acted tonight was not the norm.

If he acted like that every week in his career he wouldnt be loved by all those clubs.

Suarez acting like Ronaldo with any regularity would be a problem. Exactly as it has been for Ronaldo at times as you said.

Galaxyman

If he acted like that every week in his career he wouldnt be loved by all those clubs.

Suarez acting like Ronaldo with any regularity would be a problem. Exactly as it has been for Ronaldo at times as you said.

I definitely get what you mean.

I guess I can't see it since I've seen way worse as I grew up (from meeting footballers through acquaintances.)

Example: I once saw the players from Colombia's Nacional of Medellin destroy each other during a training scrimmage. Wouldn't believe what they were saying to each other for practically nothing. It was 10x worse during the game. And it was just a friendly. lol.

Horatio

You're welcome

You can't really compare Suarez's situations with that of Ronaldo. Ronaldo has numerous times proclaimed he thinks he is the best at the moment(don't blame him), he takes pride in the role as leader and starplayer of Madrid. Yet, when the going gets tough isn't able to make an impact.

Suarez has been much more humble in that sense in that he only wants to play football and help his team and doesn't care so much about what people think. So it is easier to swallow when he critizes teamplayers. People might not like that he does it but it doesn't become a huge issue because there is no Suarez outside the field in the news all the time that is trying to come off as a very nice tolerant person.

The thing is that Ronaldo is busy building an image that isn't consistent with that behaviour. Suarez doesn't bother himself with stuff other than football.
So it's normal that it will blow-up more when Ronaldo does it. He is simply drawing more attention to himself.

Disclaimer: I am not hating on Ronaldo. I genuinly think he is a cool guy. But this is just how things work between people and media.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I wouldn't say so. He's been very creative and technically impressive during his time at Liverpool, which made him so interesting for us in the first place. Being technically sound while a killer in front of goal.

I don't expect him to suddenly become Messi and prime Iniesta in one person anyway. Without Leo we simply just can't afford to play with 9 men plus Suarez lurking behind the defence.

Suarez at Liverpool was exactly the same - moments of genius mixed with really sloppy touches etc.

He has been the exact player Barca bought.

Exactly! Only on the NT he takes on more responsibility and is more involved in build up etc, but it's Uruguay we're talking about here so 'in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king'. Suarez is to slow and sloppy most of the times, than he manages to do something out of this world - pity those moments are far apart. Wrestling defenders, dragging them apart, creating space etc is his job + a couple unbelievable golazoz once in a while (I think David Luiz still have nightmares from Suarez humiliation last season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans