9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neeraj

Again, I'm curious as to how teams should take penalties through this kind of logic.
So we take whoever is most confident to take the penalties?

I mean, how on earth are you so sure that Suarez is more or less confident that Messi at any given time (it's easy to say this only for this isolated point in time). There's no accurate way to say that. Lets consider your hypothetical situation anyway. Suarez is now the team penalty taker. Suarez stays at this very WC level, but Messi again starts on his insane 2012 (or second half of 14/15) form. You think either of them lack confidence now? How will the penalty situation change now? You can't say that Suarez/Messi is more or less confident if it is already accepted that they are a similar skill level.

The only reason this debate has come along is because Messi was injured. Suarez has only taken 2 penalties for Barcelona. Neymar himself who you say isn't that great of a penalty taker went on quite a long run of scoring his penalties before missing a few.

I mean, if you're looking at a very small number of penalties of a player (that too which he scored), it's going to look as if he's a perfect penalty taker.

Also, I'm not trying to make an argument solely based on statistics, it is you who simply dismiss statistics.

I'm not sure where Messi's playing form on injury even came into the picture. Messi is playing awesome right now; the perceived lack of confidence when he steps up to a penalty isn't really affecting his game or vice versa. And yes, if Suarez become the main pk taker now, and after a season he was struggling and we had to switch to someone else, I would have no problem with that. It isn't a huge deal, just a matter of who trains on them regularly and who's confident.

Co0ter

Again, I'm curious as to how teams should take penalties through this kind of logic.
So we take whoever is most confident to take the penalties?

I mean, how on earth are you so sure that Suarez is more or less confident that Messi at any given time (it's easy to say this only for this isolated point in time). There's no accurate way to say that. Lets consider your hypothetical situation anyway. Suarez is now the team penalty taker. Suarez stays at this very WC level, but Messi again starts on his insane 2012 (or second half of 14/15) form. You think either of them lack confidence now? How will the penalty situation change now? You can't say that Suarez/Messi is more or less confident if it is already accepted that they are a similar skill level.

The only reason this debate has come along is because Messi was injured. Suarez has only taken 2 penalties for Barcelona. Neymar himself who you say isn't that great of a penalty taker went on quite a long run of scoring his penalties before missing a few.

I mean, if you're looking at a very small number of penalties of a player (that too which he scored), it's going to look as if he's a perfect penalty taker.

Also, I'm not trying to make an argument solely based on statistics, it is you who simply dismiss statistics.

Messi has a history of missing penalties in big or close matches. It gets in a player's head. Logically you have to take this into consideration. It's not just about overall conversion rate.

I'm not sure where Messi's playing form on injury even came into the picture. Messi is playing awesome right now; the perceived lack of confidence when he steps up to a penalty isn't really affecting his game or vice versa. And yes, if Suarez become the main pk taker now, and after a season he was struggling and we had to switch to someone else, I would have no problem with that. It isn't a huge deal, just a matter of who trains on them regularly and who's confident.

I meant it this way. The only reason why we have this debate is because Messi was injured. Otherwise Suarez wouldn't have taken the 2 penalties. The last time he took a penalty was in 2013.

jj_101

Obviously, since your own statistics show Suarez is a better penalty taker than Messi.

Neymessi

Who else thinks he will end up with most goals this season out of msn?

At this point I think all of msn have equal chances of scoring a goal.They are all collectively creating chances and scoring.Whoever will be the top scorer wouldn't be ahead by a massive margin.

Ah, that remains to be seen. Suarez could be well ahead of Neymar y leo come season's end. These days Leo's contributions are further down the pitch anyway, and Neymar has fully embraced his playmaking side.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Excluding penalties, Suarez has scored more goals (45) than any other Liga player in all competitionss this year 2015

Serbian

Ah, that remains to be seen. Suarez could be well ahead of Neymar y leo come season's end. These days Leo's contributions are further down the pitch anyway, and Neymar has fully embraced his playmaking side.
Suarez has good chance to score 50+ this season, and thats with no penalty takes. I hope he gets to take our penalties. Suarez still has plenty of chances to improve even better, he still misses some good chances, but he he also scores as many as he misses, i can not get mad at him, since he prefers to score insane goals that are are almost impossible to score. In biggest gaMES He is our go to guy for winners. he always delivers and preforms in big big games!

El Flaco

Suárez's 1st goal vs. Real Betis

[gfy]TotalVigorousCrayfish[/gfy]

Suárez's 2nd goal vs. Real Betis

[gfy]SelfreliantExcellentIaerismetalmark[/gfy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans