9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj_101

That's EXACTLY what I am trying to avoid. A play should be allowed to be studied regardless of its outcome.

Really think about your actions. You prefer to "discuss" how Suarez should have passed when he scores, then 'discus' what he should have done when he missed earlier in the game. It's completely rediculous. Do you think Enrique would question what one of his players should have done when the outcome is a goal for Barca?

Tiny Kim

No man. Was just a legitimate question. What's wrong with asking people what they thought about the goal?
I asked the question very casually. Not complaining.

A legitimate question based on a subject where you've already made up your mind. What is there to discuss further? You don't like it that Suarez was one-on-one with a keeper and he decided to go for goal rather than square it to another player. I bet you didn't complain one bit when Messi scored from that tight angle with player swarming around him against Getafe last season. Probably because Messi doesn't miss goals ever, right? Or Neymar's first against PSG away last season where Suarez was unmarked for a tap-in? Perhaps its not the nature of the goal that bothers you, but rather the player that scores it. :facepalm:

Horatio

You're welcome
A legitimate question based on a subject where you've already made up your mind. What is there to discuss further? You don't like it that Suarez was one-on-one with a keeper and he decided to go for goal rather than square it to another player. I bet you didn't complain one bit when Messi scored from that tight angle with player swarming around him against Getafe last season. Probably because Messi doesn't miss goals ever, right? Or Neymar's first against PSG away last season where Suarez was unmarked for a tap-in? Perhaps its not the nature of the goal that bothers you, but rather the player that scores it. :facepalm:

Are you still trying to start that flame wars you said would happen? lol

Last edited:

Tiny Kim

Are you still trying to start that flame wars you said would happen? lol

No I just think our lives would all be better if Suarez had passed to Neymar instead of scoring that goal, and would like to keep talking about it in a Suarez thread instead of being happy that Suarez scored a goal.

Obiaseti

It's a fair question. In my opinion he had a fraction of a second after his slightly heavy first touch to decide and based on his positioning and the passing angle from his limited glance of the situation he made the instinctive decision to shoot. I'd prefer that Suarez sticks to instinctive decisions in and around the box because overthinking can lead to lost chances. It's never guaranteed that it works out but for the most part his instincts come good. Now if I were playing Fifa and had a bird's eye view of the situation and knew for a certainty that the pass wouldn't be botched or intercepted then passing would have been the best option.

Pepe Silvia

A lot of that will depend on the trophies we win next year.If we win just one trophy more than RM and cr7 does his usual crap of statpadding against small teams then i can see him reaching at the podium again.:(
last year cr was slightly better than luis this year so far luis has outshone cr.

Kuchi

But penaldo scores goals...and he works really hard, unlike Messi who's God given talent lay it all ahead of him.

B

beautifulgame

I think Suarez first goal as a pro (Nacional) was a bicycle or he got the rebound after his bicycle hit the post? Can't remember entirely.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think Suarez first goal as a pro (Nacional) was a bicycle or he got the rebound after his bicycle hit the post? Can't remember entirely.

His bicycle kick was deflected by an opposition header and hit the post, then one team mate shot and was blocked, and theeeen Suárez scored from the rebound... Or something like that...

El Flaco

Suárez's 1st goal vs. River Plate

[gfy]DefiniteAmusedAlbatross[/gfy]

Suárez's 2nd goal vs. River Plate

[gfy]OpulentHospitableBlueandgoldmackaw[/gfy]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans