9 - Luis Suárez - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLord

He's been the best striker in the world for quite a long time now IMO, not just right now.

Exactly. His last season with Liverpool was epic, as was last year as well (despite the long suspension) Even before that, he was immense.

raskolnikov

Such a beast, on target for a 50+ goal season. Those are Messi/Ronaldo stats and he doesnt take penalties.
Had he taken the penalties for Liverpool it would have been a 45+ epl season.
Guy is not a regular worldclass striker like for example Eto'o was, he is even better than that.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
CaW3rxyXEAARNxe.jpg:large

Tiny Kim

I think a lot of people underrate and dismiss him simply because he doesn't have the 'right look', the fancy footwork, the mazy dribbling skills or the lightning burst of speed that most world-class forwards are usually blessed with. To them he's apparently just some decent striker in a good run of form. That is why, I believe, some rate him below the likes of Ibra, Lewa, Aguero, etc. They think he's just some lucky bystander living off bread crumbs dropped by Messi. I say, "F**k them". He has been doing the business long before he came to Barca, and with mostly average teammates as well. None of those other 3 strikers will be able to do what Suarez did with a mid-table Liverpool squad. He carried the team to a title challenge having a direct hand in a majority of the 103 goals scored and creating one of the most number of chances in the league.

He's not perfect. He's flawed. Often glaringly and frustratingly. But there is no other current CF on the planet that comes even close to having the importance that Suarez has had (and is currently having) in any team he has played for throughout his career. That's the bottomline. And if the Ibra-Lewa-Aguero fanboys don't like it, they can shove it where the sun don't shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans