9 - Robert Lewandowski

TemporaryFan

This tap in narrative is so dumb. All the clubs in this world wish they had a striker who will find all those balls in 16 yards and bang them in with no problem. But most strikers don't. Lewa is experienced and knows how to perfectly position himself, when to be where and how to finish his chances.
I concur.
I chuckle seeing that many people thinking being a poacher and making those tap ins is a trivial job to be handled by anybody.
Somehow, his - supposedly - easy peasy job of doing tap ins, was not so easy to find replacement for at Bayern, or BVB previously.
The former, it took "only" Harry Kane, and the latter "only" Haaland to be on par with Lewandowski's performance.

Last edited:

TemporaryFan

Xavi's system assumed Lewandowski's to have technical skills, speed, defensive play propensity to adhere to the La Liga number 9 definition whereas Lewandowski's genius is only unleashed when he is serviced ball in the panelty area.

That takes a lot of mental commitment from other players who, instead of acting on their primary sport instincts to score themselves, attempt to find the target man.

Flick appears to have been able to convince the crucial attacking players to that approach, which is now quite visible in how Raphina or Lamal adjusted their game, where finding Lewandowski, and not always taking the shot themselves, is emphasized.

Last edited:

Tookien

Xavi's system assumed Lewandowski's to have technical skills, speed, defensive play propensity to adhere to the La Liga number 9 definition whereas Lewandowski's genius is only unleashed when he is serviced ball in the panelty area.

That takes a lot of mental commitment from other players who, instead of acting on their primary sport instincts to score themselves, attempt to find the target man instead.

Flick appears to have been able to convince the crucial attacking players to that approach, which is now quite visible in how Raphina or Lamal adjusted their game, where finding Lewandowski, and not always taking the shot themselves, is emphasized.

I think it's more having to do with Flick making the adjustments towards the players strengths as Raphinia and Yamal are benefiting as well. Under Flick it's more risk oriented, so there is more unpredictability which benefits strikers in particular which was sorely missing under Xavi. But it comes at a slight cost. Barcelona's game is oriented around posession, so more risk generally means less possesion, but because of Flicks additional focus on fitness, as well as more substitutions it has allowed Barcelona to maintain that intensity and regain posession consistently.

Andresito

Staff member
Lewa is only 3 goals away to become the third highest scorer in europa's top5 divisions (after ofc Messi/Ronaldo)🔥🔥

He deserves 1 more cl, only 1 cl in his career looks so poor, 2cls would be a nice number for his career 💯
Intentionally deleted some information eh

After hat-trick against Alavés Lewandowski has 364 goals scored in TOP 5 leagues. He is one goal away from surpassing Muller's record (365 goals). Only Cristiano and Messi scored more.
(Cristiano 495, Messi 496)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

After hat-trick against Alavés Lewandowski has 364 goals scored in TOP 5 leagues. He is one goal away from surpassing Muller's record (365 goals). Only Cristiano and Messi scored more.
(Cristiano 495, Messi 496)

Yeah didnt mention it as i didnt trust the numbers 🤔

Messi983

After hat-trick against Alavés Lewandowski has 364 goals scored in TOP 5 leagues. He is one goal away from surpassing Muller's record (365 goals). Only Cristiano and Messi scored more. (Cristiano 495, Messi 496)

CR is stil playing in a top 5 league though so will clearly surpass Messi.

TemporaryFan

Been watching some TV sport news, also those comming from the Poland's NT camp...
What gets me about Robert - that's for those who don't speak or understand polish - is that he always appears so dull on those media conferences. Unlike, for instance, Szczęsny, always witty and enjoyable to listen to.
He could do better than that. I heard him talk when he behaved naturally without cameras aimed at his face....While oratory skills are not required for his job, at least he could and should speak his mind when addressing the public. He is not an Archbishop to watch his mouth like that ffs!
Common Robert open up...!

TheStig

Who cares? Messi almost didn't speak until a few years ago, nobody cared about that if he plays like he can.

TemporaryFan

Who cares? Messi almost didn't speak until a few years ago, nobody cared about that if he plays like he can.
That was just a trivia...lol

Lewandowski is too much regarded as an esteemed public figure in Poland...not just an accomplished Athlete. I guess, I'd like to see some of his true character sometimes...he got into fights with teammates at BVB and Bayern...he can be a bad ass but on TV he looks like such a soy boy too much to my liking. LOL

TemporaryFan

Of course, it does not matter in any form or fashion. I was just reflecting on the phenomenon...

For instance, look at Zlatan, he's himself, always natural, never pretends. And, most importantly, so much fun to watch even off the pitch.

Of course, it does not matter in any form or fashion. I was just reflecting on the phenomenon...

For instance, look at Zlatan, he's himself, always natural, never pretends. And, most importantly, so much fun to watch even off the pitch.
I guess Lewa is trying to look profesional, maybe too much.
Szczesny on the other hand is more like Zlatan :)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I've never understood the obsession some people have with players displaying their personality on TV or in interviews.

As long as they're entertaining on the pitch and play well I literally couldn't care less if they're embarrassing themselves with tiktoks or their fashion style, or whether they're witty and charismatic.

I've never understood the obsession some people have with players displaying their personality on TV or in interviews.

As long as they're entertaining on the pitch and play well I literally couldn't care less if they're embarrassing themselves with tiktoks or their fashion style, or whether they're witty and charismatic.
IMHO it does matter e.g. in case of being a captain

Home of Barca Fans