9 - Robert Lewandowski

TemporaryFan

So far, it has seemingly been more difficult for him to be as prolific as in Bundesliga but I think Flick has the ingredient that was missing in Xavi's game plan. I don't want to gallop too far, but the success of Flick at Bayern had a direct connection with Lewandowski as a CF in his system.
Lewandowski is nearing to his career end, but this season he has evidently revived. I really hope and believe there's a potential for a triple crown 2024/25 with him having a crucial role.

companyofcules

Lewandowski's weaknesses were evident in Bayern too. He is not a a top number 9 in terms of talent. He is a very good number 9 but not top. Fails to head balls in contested areas, fails to win duels.
Now him being old is nulifying his link-up play who was really good. Lewa is not the poacher you want if you want to win crucial games vs the top tiers. Never was.
Him scoring lots of goals in La Liga is just a throwback at his qualities as a good poacher but he will not win us UCL.
For that you need a great team or clutch players that dominate the defenders. Lewa can't dominate anyone and I will want and example of him doing that in Bayern in contested areas vs top defenders.

Home of Barca Fans