9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

Like everyone though Messi would destroy France or Ronaldo would come in and take Man U to next level.

It is a risk at that age and a lot of money.

Is it a bigger risk than a prime age striker like Lukaku? I don't think so if you take the transfer fee and everything into account.

Lukaku would give Barca more years though.

The options and budget is limited

JamDav1982

Lukaku is completely irrelevant unless the choice is between the two.

The budget being limited is not the case if they sign Lewandowski on rumoured fee when include likely sign ons and salary.

It is a lot of money.

Temptation

would be interesting to see a Lewy or Lukaku thread/poll since both the transfers has its positives and negatives. Reckon it'll be close

Temptation

Lukaku is completely irrelevant unless the choice is between the two.

The budget being limited is not the case if they sign Lewandowski on rumoured fee when include likely sign ons and salary.

It is a lot of money.

assuming Xavi wants a proper CF, what are the other feasible options?? Morata?

ajnotkeith

Even if Lewa adds lots of goals, do those propel us to success? LaLiga, Champions League?

His signing probably won't, especially if Dembele leaves.

More worth just to continue with a rebuild and acknowledge we will not compete for at least a few years, than signing vets and trying to hang on to a bit of hope, burning holes in our pockets.

JamDav1982

Who are Bayern planning on ditching Lew for? Why are they not hell bent on paying less for him on their books than Barca would have to pay?

Likes of Darwin Nunes would most likely be cheaper on books than Lewa per season.

It is not the only option and a risk for big money.

Sailor Mars

would be interesting to see a Lewy or Lukaku thread/poll since both the transfers has its positives and negatives. Reckon it'll be close

Lukaku is a clumsy oaf who is mentally soft. Do not want him anywhere near Barca.

Would be a terrible signing. Take the proven Lewandowski or scout for a younger player with potential.

ajnotkeith

Best move club can make is booting out Busquets and co and modernising our team with youth. Even if Lewa is great, the problems go deeper than just short term on field performance, it's about squad structure, future goals, economics, makes little sense.

Temptation

Who are Bayern planning on ditching Lew for? Why are they not hell bent on paying less for him on their books than Barca would have to pay?

Likes of Darwin Nunes would most likely be cheaper on books than Lewa per season.

It is not the only option and a risk for big money.

Kaladzic. And strengthen other areas and change the system apparently.

According to BILD, the board is planning to change the system as the offense is way too reliant on Lewy.

JamDav1982

Kaladzic. And strengthen othervareas and change the system apparently.

According to BILD, the board is planning to change the system as the offense is way too reliant on Lewy.

Doesnt really fit when Bayern most likely have to spend more to buy a new CF than would to renew Lewa.

They see money better spent eleshwre and must believe his goal a game not worth it.

khaled_a_d

He very well could be. He is not getting younger.

Do you realize if we get him on a long contract (3 years), and if he can't deliver we have another Griezmann, only worse, we can't even loan or sell a 35 year old?

Not to mention his big wages will take up a lot of our wage room that should have been reserved for other positions. If we get him we might not have money AND salary room for other signings.

There is no risk free transfer.
Club will have to take risks whether it is a young or old player.
It is a question of priority, for me I prefer a true rebuild and start of new era,no more players born in the 80's.
But the club doesn't see it this way,and probably niether do the socios who are likely to grow impatient soon.

If this is the target, Lewandowski is as good as anybody for that.
Clear position, clear quality and someone who would elevate us.

Temptation

Doesnt really fit when Bayern most likely have to spend more to buy a new CF than would to renew Lewa.

They see money better spent eleshwre and must believe his goal a game not worth it.

No one wants to keep an unhappy player. They have already lost a few players for free

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
There is no risk free transfer.
Club will have to take risks whether it is a young or old player.
It is a question of priority, for me I prefer a true rebuild and start of new era,no more players born in the 80's.
But the club doesn't see it this way,and probably niether do the socios who are likely to grow impatient soon.

If this is the target, Lewandowski is as good as anybody for that.
Clear position, clear quality and someone who would elevate us.

I don't mind giving me a try if we have load of money/wage room to spend on other targets. Where we are right now, essentially it is going to be Lewandowski or other targets, I am afraid. They talk about how they want 6, or 7 signings this summer but honestly, if we splash 40m on Lewandowski and fill up the wage room with his wages, we really don't have much money left for other signings. Didn't Jamdav say we can't even register Christensen and Kessie if we don't sign CVC or something?

Even if he works out (we don't know), the risk of getting him at the expense of getting other needed reinforcement on other positions is too big for me.

Home of Barca Fans