9 - Robert Lewandowski

serghei

No you said Barca couldnt afford to match Citys offer.

I said they could find a way and tried but he rejected club.

The other factors are irrelevant when claim Haaland to Barca is a non starter regardless as cant afford him.

Changing argument one day to next and in classic style trying to say 'what I really meant was...'

No. I said we don't have money and even if we did, he'd probably not choose us. That's basically saying that you need more than money to attract players who want to be world's best.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Do young players actually learn from uotra professional oldies?

I doubt they'll change themselves just because they saw a model pro in action.

IMO it doesn't make much of a difference if the player doesn't have the right mindset/attitude.

Young players or people that really want to learn will learn even if they have no role models or people to imitate or look up to.

serghei

IMO it doesn't make much of a difference if the player doesn't have the right mindset/attitude.

Young players or people that really want to learn will learn even if they have no role models or people to imitate or look up to.

Some will, and some benefit from a better environment. And better environments are also shaped and built by pro athletes. Depends on the mentality of said player.

JamDav1982

No. I said we don't have money and even if we did, he'd probably not choose us. That's basically saying that you need more than money to attract players who want to be world's best.

No you said Barca dont have money and not possible and if Barca spend big money this summer then you are wrong.

Your usual trying to say what really meant as now saying want Lewa.

Will I go get the quotes you were claiming yesterday?

It is irrelevant if you say 'probably wouldnt chose Barca' now when say never had a chance as couldnt afford him.

serghei

No you said Barca dont have money and not possible and if Barca spend big money this summer then you are wrong.

Your usual trying to say what really meant as now saying want Lewa.

Will I go get the quotes you were claiming yesterday?

It is irrelevant if you say 'probably wouldnt chose Barca' now when say never had a chance as couldnt afford him.

No. Because every post is tied to another, and as usual you'll miss the ones that provide the required context.

JamDav1982

No. Because every post is tied to another, and as usual you'll miss the ones that provide the required context.

Did you claim if Barca spend big money this summer you are wrong on them not being able to afford Haaland?

What context is being missed if claimed that?

Temptation

One of you thinks it's a decent short term deal. One of you thinks it's an absolutely baffling transfer. That's it. :lol:

And none of you are gonna be proven comprehensively right/wrong until the shit actually happens and unfolds.

JamDav1982

One of you thinks it's a decent short term deal. One of you thinks it's an absolutely baffling transfer. That's it. :lol:

And none of you are gonna be proven comprehensively right/wrong until the shit actually happens and unfolds.

Nope I dont think it is baffling I think it is big money with more risk than others do but can work.

What I am arguing against is this idea Barca are skint and could not afford to pay what City did for Haaland then next day claiming big money on Lewa the club can pay and better value.

Temptation

Nope I dont think it is baffling I think it is big money with more risk than others do but can work.

What I am arguing against is this idea Barca are skint and could not afford to pay what City did for Haaland then next day claiming big money on Lewa the club can pay and better value.
Signing any big name player is a massive risk for any club. Especially a 34 year old

That's not in doubt.

About Haaland, I hear he chose City because he liked the project most and Barca tried. Romano has a video on this and he's pretty good at sourcing bits to make his videos

JamDav1982

Signing any big name player is a massive risk for any club. Especially a 34 year old

That's not in doubt.

Obviously any transfer has a risk but why are Bayern not giving him three years on wages he wants when would cost them less. They would rather have the fee than him at this point.

Who wil they get at CF if no alternatives?

Temptation

Obviously any transfer has a risk but why are Bayern not giving him three years on wages he wants when would cost them less. They would rather have the fee than him at this point.

Who wil they get at CF if no alternatives?

Because Covid has reduced a lot of revenue for Bayern and there were widespread reports they might even turn into a selling club.

They're not willing to give Lewy a raise for the contract period.

Lewandowski visibly dislikes Nagelsmann and tgere are probably issues in the dressing room.

Bayern have lost a few big players on a free recently and don't want that anymore.

Lewandowski will never be directly replaced. They'll buy a decent striker and tweak the system building around their young mids and wingers.

Also, Lewandowski has always mentioned he'd like to play in England/Spain and he has an opportunity. Things have fallen into place.

JamDav1982

Did they get rid off Messi or did they have to let go? Both are very different things

They had to let him go.

Had the board got their way he would be on 50m a seaon for years and even possibly while playing away on loan.

Footballing decision they decided to pay him that.. but board threatened to quit on CVC deal and it prevented ESL.

JamDav1982

Because Covid has reduced a lot of revenue for Bayern and there were widespread reports they might even turn into a selling club.

They're not willing to give Lewy a raise for the contract period.

Lewandowski visibly dislikes Nagelsmann and tgere are probably issues in the dressing room.

Bayern have lost a few big players on a free recently and don't want that anymore.

Lewandowski will never be directly replaced. They'll buy a decent striker and tweak the system building around their young mids and wingers.

Also, Lewandowski has always mentioned he'd like to play in England/Spain and he has an opportunity. Things have fallen into place.

Makes no sense when it will probably cost them more to replace Lewa than keep him. So not so much about squad rebuilding or investing in other areas of team.

They chose not to give him three years on wages he wants.. so it is not relevant when then try to say they are selling as to not leave on a free.

They are choosing to let him go on better conditions than Barca are signing him for potentially.

Home of Barca Fans