9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

Makes no sense when it will probably cost them more to replace Lewa than keep him. So not so much about squad rebuilding or investing in other areas of team.

They chose not to give him three years on wages he wants.. so it is not relevant when then try to say they are selling as to not leave on a free.

They are choosing to let him go on better conditions than Barca are signing him for potentially.

Kaladzic will be cheap af. Plus they'll not have to pay his wages.

Also, increasing his wages would have broken theur wage structure further and they're struggling to keep up with big wage demands..

Yannik

just read today that PSG offers 120m for Darwin Nunez. The striker market is fucked these days. A 33yo Lewandowski is a weirdpurchase for like €30-35m but who else is there exactly? Either you pay cheap for some wonder bag from the 2nd Chilean division and hope he blows up, or you pay a lot and then you might at least end up with some guarantees.

Temptation

Just in

Sky

Lewandowski has informed the bosses that he won't renew and wants a new challenge. Financial aspects isn't the motivation behind his decisions

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
just read today that PSG offers 120m for Darwin Nunez. The striker market is fucked these days. A 33yo Lewandowski is a weirdpurchase for like ?30-35m but who else is there exactly? Either you pay cheap for some wonder bag from the 2nd Chilean division and hope he blows up, or you pay a lot and then you might at least end up with some guarantees.

Yes but again, it is not like we have a lot of money lying around to spend on other positions that badly need reinforcement. Given this rumored price (40m) that Bayern wants and more importantly Lewandowski's big wages, it is likely become a situation of Lewandowski vs. other signings/reinforcement. You can only get one, not both. Not prudent at all in my opinion to lay most of our eggs in one basket called Lewandowski and ignore other dire needs.

Even if Lewandowski worked out for us and banged in a lot goals, it doesn't help that we concede a lot of goals in the meantime.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Just in

Sky

Lewandowski has informed the bosses that he won't renew and wants a new challenge. Financial aspects isn't the motivation behind his decisions

Then Barca should tell him that we would pay him the same wages that Bayern is paying him (24m gross) at most and see if what he says.

serghei

Then Barca should tell him that we would pay him the same wages that Bayern is paying him (24m gross) at most and see if what he says.

He'd tell us to take a hyke :lol:.

You either give him more money, or a longer contract. He's Polish. Unlikely his idol was Rivaldo or something.

JamDav1982

He'd tell us to take a hyke :lol:.

You either give him more money, or a longer contract. He's Polish. Unlikely his idol was Rivaldo or something.

So you now claim Barca can afford to do that?

Not that club is skint as was apparently the case when discussing reason for being able to compete for Haaland?

KingLeo10

I actually lean on the side of getting him as a veteran presence (provided the wages are not exorbitant). He will obviously score less than he did at Bayern with poorer service, but it's been a long while since we had veterans at the club with some presence and ability.

As much as I would like to stack the team with younger players, we still need a couple of highly professional and motivated veterans to guide them. I doubt Lewa's ability to make a difference consistently in the biggest games (compared to a Benzema for example), but he is easily among the most professional footballers out there.

I can see Fati, Lewa, Dembele being a very deadly front 3.

Rassvet

[MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] Thoughts on this potential transfer?

I think it could be reasonable short term move for Lewa and Barca as long as Madrid don't land Mbappe and the price isn't too much. A 35m transfer fee plus two years at around 20-25m gross wages seems reasonable.

I'd welcome it as long as it doesn't open the door for Ronaldo to join Bayern or if Madrid get Mbappe this summer.

JamDav1982

I think it could be reasonable short term move for Lewa and Barca as long as Madrid don't land Mbappe and the price isn't too much. A 35m transfer fee plus two years at around 20-25m gross wages seems reasonable.

I'd welcome it as long as it doesn't open the door for Ronaldo to join Bayern or if Madrid get Mbappe this summer.

That is a big cost on the books. Looking at 40m a season for him and nothing of value at end of it.

Could buy x2 50m full backs and have less a cost on books for example.

Or a full back and a 60m DM/CM.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Bayern is not after Ronaldo at all, they are not that dumb.

Home of Barca Fans