9 - Robert Lewandowski

JamDav1982

It's because Haaland is for the future. You get him on longer contract.

If clubs would choose between signing Lewa for 2 years or Haaland for 2 years, it would be close. With Haaland the value is his age.

Yes exactly...Haaland is for future and paying for now and then.

Which is why likes of Bayern tried to dump Lewa for Haaland and Barca would take Haaland ahead of him. As would every club going who could afford them.

No there is no relevance to saying Haaland for two years as no the situation.

So can Barca sign Lewa on say 35m a seaon on books do you think?

serghei

Every team will choose Haaland.

Even Bayern chose Haaland and went all-in for him indicated by latest reports in Germany.

I already said that the cases are different. Haaland is a transfer for potentially the best part of a decade. Maybe more.

serghei

Yes exactly...Haaland is for future and paying for now and then.

Which is why likes of Bayern tried to dump Lewa for Haaland and Barca would take Haaland ahead of him. As would every club going who could afford them.

No there is no relevance to saying Haaland for two years.

So can Barca sign Lewa on say 35m a seaon on books do you think?

I don't even know why are we talking about Haaland.

He will play for City. Doesn't even matter.

The question here is do you make a realistic move for La Liga in the very near future, or you're happy to just compete and finish 2nd most likely? That's the only question that matters in regards with Lewa being worth it or not.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IMO, Fati - Lewa - Raphinha is potentially a title-winning trio.

La Liga is a slower league. We're not exactly playing in EPL.

It looks good for sure, but we have too many liabilities in the team for us to consistently grind out results IMO. And if Mbappe decides to go to Madrid we're done unless Real Madrid just collapse completely.

serghei

It looks good for sure, but we have too many liabilities in the team for us to consistently grind out results IMO. And if Mbappe decides to go to Madrid we're done unless Real Madrid just collapse completely.

At current state, even if Madrid have moments of poor form, they will still win.

This season they didn't exactly City-ed the league. Their total points will be good, but not great. There is an angle for us to get a La Liga title next season, but for that, you need more than just rejects.

DonAK

FWIW, and I have said this before, I don't think we'll sign Lewandowski simply because I don't think Lewandowski really want to join a Barcelona team that's just not good.

I also don't think Bayern sell as they don't need the money and could keep him for one more year while scouting for a proper replacement in 2023. It also gives them the best chance of maximizing their CL window.

Have a feeling this is going to end up a bit like how it did with Haaland with Barca claiming it was a money issue.

JamDav1982

I don't even know why are we talking about Haaland.

He will play for City. Doesn't even matter.

The question here is do you make a realistic move for La Liga in the very near future, or you're happy to just compete and finish 2nd most likely? That's the only question that matters in regards with Lewa being worth it or not.

It matters as what teams will pay for and you claiming Lewa for 2 years is some kind of good deal as short contract at that age when it increases the costs per season.

Can Barca sign Lewa/Raphinha? If not why even debating it?

Why not pay the money for Haaland? Or at very least try.

serghei

It matters as what teams will pay for and you claiming Lewa for 2 years is some kind of good deal as short contract at that age when it increases the costs.

Can Barca sign Lewa/Raphinha? If not why even debating it?

Why not pay the money for Haaland?

Didn't you say Haaland didn't want Barca? Why are you insisting with this line of argumentation?

Haaland was a very very outside chance for us from all aspects. We didn't have a single top argument for him. Not money, not project, not the current state. Not even the fans can be arsed to show up and support the team and sold their tickets to our rival's fans.

JamDav1982

Gone from yesterday saying Barca have no money to pay what City have for Haaland to saying be as well taking on big costs for a 34 year old to at least try and win the league...

Makes no sense.

Either have the money to make these deals or dont.

Classic Serghie mental gymnastics from one day to the next.

DonAK

And if they really have money to spend. Like big money to spend which is very doubtful.

I'd prefer they got quality starters at CDM, RB, CB and RW as well as competition for LB. Rebuild the core of the team. It might not win us a trophy next season, but it sure as hell gets us closer to winning major trophies from 2023 onwards than spending 35m + 20-30m gross per year on Lewandowski while bargain hunting for bums or oldies for the rest of the positions

serghei

Gone from yesterday saying Barca have no money to pay what City have for Haaland to saying be as well taking on big costs for a 34 year old to at least try and win the league...

Makes no sense.

Either have the money to make these deals or dont.

Money are one of the arguments. We lack most arguments to land superstars. I made it abundantly clear numerous times, but you seem to believe that I think money is all we lack and everything else is spot on. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

The only thing that is different is that you think we have money and I don't. I don't believe we have money to pay 100m transfer fee for a player (60 release clause + 40m in bonuses as rumored).

JamDav1982

Money are one of the arguments. We lack most arguments to land superstars. I made it abundantly clear numerous times, but you seem to believe that I think money is all we lack and everything else is spot on.

No you said Barca couldnt afford to match Citys offer.

I said they could find a way and tried but he rejected club.

The other factors are irrelevant when claim Haaland to Barca is a non starter regardless as cant afford him.

Changing argument one day to next and in classic style trying to say 'what I really meant was...'

Temptation

Do young players actually learn from uotra professional oldies?

I doubt they'll change themselves just because they saw a model pro in action.

Home of Barca Fans