9 - Robert Lewandowski

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Leading me to division 1 in FIFA 14 and made me 50 in the world :worthy:

I hate that he is going to Bayern though. I just want to hear his reasons. If he has sound logic in his reasoning then maybe I can accept it. But at this point I think it's a huge mistake.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Mandzukic does not have a chance.
He's proven himself to Pep after he doubted him already. It looked like Pep wouldn't make much use of him, but changed his mind after a few goals/good performances. Now, he's part of the system. As for Lewandowski, there's no guarantee he works for Bayern in the same way he does for Dortmund. Plus, Bayern usually hold on to their established players for as long as possible. They had too many dressing room brawls already with Jupp Heynckes being the only one to bring some balance and harmony. Pep doesn't fare as well as him in that matter, seeing he brought in Thiago (whom some of the Bayern press call his teacher's pet) and benched Mandzukic too much in his first games, which he changed soon after. Mandzukic will definitely get his playing time.

Last edited:

JackSparrow

Leading me to division 1 in FIFA 14 and made me 50 in the world :worthy:

I hate that he is going to Bayern though. I just want to hear his reasons. If he has sound logic in his reasoning then maybe I can accept it. But at this point I think it's a huge mistake.

His reasons are that Bayern has always been his favorite club since childhood. Thats why he didnt renew his contract just so he can play for Bayern next year.
Its risky to play with no contract for next season in case he gets injured. But on the other hand he can ask for higher salary since he comes for free. I am just surprised more players dont do it this way. Not everyone needs to be their agents b*** :)

Maria

He's proven himself to Pep after he doubted him already. It looked like Pep wouldn't make much use of him, but changed his mind after a few goals/good performances. Now, he's part of the system.

When did Pep doubted Mandzukic and to whom did it looked like he wouldn't use him? Until now Mandzukic started 5 liga games and was used as a substitute in the other one(no other player except Neuer started all 6 of them), started in the german supercup, started in the european supercup and started one of the 2 cup games(in the last one he was rested and Pizzaro played instead). So if Pep doubted Mandzukic, I can't imagine what he thinks about his other players.

They had too many dressing room brawls already with Jupp Heynckes being the only one to bring some balance and harmony. Pep doesn't fare as well as him in that matter, seeing he brought in Thiago (whom some of the Bayern press call his teacher's pet)

What other journalist except Honigstein called Thiago his teacher's pet(a journalist who wrote after 2 games that the players doubted Pep when is clear just how good of a relationship Pep has with them, especially with the ones that matter the most: Lahm, Ribery or Schweinsteiger)? And a cule should know by now that Pep doesn't favour anyone who isn't Messi..and if he benched Ibra for Bojan, I'm sure that he won't have any problem in benching Thiago(especially when Kroos is in the best form of his life and he has improved in defense).

and benched Mandzukic too much in his first games, which he changed soon after. Mandzukic will definitely get his playing time.

Like I said, Mandzukic has been benched twice: in the 6th game of the season(3 days before Bayern met Chelsea) and in the 11th game of the season(against Hannover, at home).

And here's what he had to say a few days ago:

"Pep Guardiola is vigorously rotating his squad, but he almost always starts with you. You’ve only started on the bench once, in Freiburg.
I'm delighted the coach is putting so much faith in me. I try everything I can to repay that faith. I'm really enjoying it again this season, and I have no problem with two games a week. It's easy for me because I have lots of energy.

You've scored in each of the last three matches, and you're top scorer at the club again with five goals in total. Would you say you're on track?
I had a good pre-season. My target is to be even better this season than last. I'm in very good shape again at the moment, but not in absolutely peak form in terms of rhythm. I'll get even better.

How's it going under Pep Guardiola?
It's very good. His tactical ideas are terrific, he wants the ball, he's fantastic when he talks to individuals, and he’s always game for a laugh. It's working out.

You're exceptionally strong in the air. Is that something you were born with?
(laughs) Maybe. My father was a centre-back and superb with his head. But it's primarily the result of training. Even when I was small, I worked a lot on heading. Nowadays, I often stay out on the field after training and ask my team–mates to send over a few crosses. It's all practice, practice, practice."

It's hard to think that Pep wouldn't like a player like that.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I was talking about the preseason games. And I said he proved him wrong, which is what the games you listed illustrate. Also I didn't say Pep disliked him, I was just summarising the press.
To whom did it seem like he wouldn't use him? A majority of the press, check
kicker for example.

What journalist called Thiago Pep's teacher's pet? Google 'Thiago Guardiola Liebling' to get an idea.

As for Pep, I wasn't criticising him, I know he doesn't favour players. I was talkinh from the point of view of the Bayern board, who are not culés. And by the way, it's not about Pep at all, but about Bayern, who quite often (except under Heynckes) had some tension in the dressing room, which is why the board usually takes care that no player stays dissatisfied for lobg.

Last edited:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
So he has the same reasons as Gotze pretty much.....sigh. You would think that having a hand in creating one of the most exciting and dynamic teams in Europe would make one determined to take that team to the top, which they were damn close to doing. I guess the lure of Bayern is too much. I mean I guess if it was he childhood team and all....I can respect that a bit =\. Still dissapointing though. I wonder who Dortmund will scout this season considering his departure.

DennyCrane

The worst thing is that Dortmund raised his salary by 3 million unscheduled for this one year, so he finally puts his focus on the game again, but above all, shuts the fuck up already. Does he - No, of course not. The firm Lewandowski is more important than everyone else.

In the end, everyone loses. Dortmunds' management showed that they can be forced to do something when enough pressure is applied, Kucharski further punctuated his repuation as a covetous assclown which will lead other partys to be on the lookout whenever he's involved and Lewa will have a rude awakening when he finally arrives in Munich since such antics aren't tolerated there.
And btw. Mandzukic is no pushover and will already have a headstart. If anything, he has proven that he'll accept any challenge Bayern will throw at him.

Zebulun

For tactical and emotional reasons, i think we should get lewa, its only fair we take him from bayern after they took thiago from us.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

shit bayern! Buy all the good players from BVB and from all BL-teams .. :angry:

Wouldn't you jump at the opportunity to sign a better striker than Mandzukic, while still retaining a similar style of play, almost for free??
It's not like he would stay in Dortmund anyways.

btw... today we had news that Juventus has renewed interest in Mandzukic who was said to be interested as well.

Meitux

Wasn't it about that Lewandowski will sign a pre contract in January. I suppose it will be done soon.

Home of Barca Fans