9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannik

Well, idk what the difference between this and a release clause is, but there must be a reason why noone in first division football ever makes use of this.

also this is BILD, specifically Falk who is Tier 999. The way he words this news suggests that at some point within the last weeks he found out about the existence of this article and is now stringing a story together for clicks
aka "there is a law that exists where players can leave their clubs. Lewys agent must be aware of it" and that's it.. That's "news". Not even saying that they are considering it, just that they are aware of it. I would take it with a grain of salt really.

Birdy

Well, idk what the difference between this and a release clause is, but there must be a reason why noone in first division football ever makes use of this.

also this is BILD, specifically Falk who is Tier 999. The way he words this news suggests that at some point within the last weeks he found out about the existence of this article and is now stringing a story together for clicks
aka "there is a law that exists where players can leave their clubs. Lewys agent must be aware of it" and that's it.. That's "news". I would take it with a grain of salt really.

It is not so unknown. I listed some known players who have made use of it.
I remember a couple of summers back when Neymar was leaked to be thinking about using it to gain his freedom from PSG.

Like the Bosman law, this law gives more power and freedom to the player/
Especially given that the renumeration and calculation of the clause is based mainly on the salary the player is getting, and most of the times it leads to a clause much less than his market value...

There is more fear from clubs that players might use it frequently from now on and gain more power, rather than a legal barrier on the side of the players.

Yannik

It is not so unknown. I listed some known players who have made use of it..

I don't know the other 2 players, but Mexes? When has he ever used that? He was 29 when his contract expired normally with Roma, and then Milan signed him on a free.

Last edited:

Birdy

I don't know the other 2 players, but Mexes? When has he ever used that? He was 29 when his contract expired normally with Roma, and then Milan signed him on a free.

He used article 17 to unilaterally rescind his contract with Auxerre and go to Roma.

But the guy and his agent were idiots, as they didn't realize the player had extended with Auxerre and was in the 'Protected Period',
hence they fucked him up in compensations

"other important case regarding the liability of a player (14) for the breach of his contract is the case of Philippe Mexes against AJ Auxerre (15). This was the first case in which a player made specific reference to Article 17 of the RSTP when unilaterally terminating his contract.

Mexes terminated his contract with the French club after four seasons of his initial contract, assuming that the Protected Period had finished. However, as the player and the club had previously signed an extension of the initial contract for one additional year, the CAS Panel considered that the extension was a new contract, thus a new Protected Period had commenced.

Therefore, the CAS Panel suspended Mexes in accordance with the terms of Article 17 and ordered the payment of EUR 7,000,000 as compensation for the breach of contract without just cause. Such indemnity was fixed at EUR 7,000,000, which corresponded to a sum of the costs incurred by Auxerre of EUR 2,289,644 and an offer submitted by AS Roma of EUR 4,500,000.

The latter amount was based on the negotiations between Auxerre and AS Roma regarding the possible transfer of the player.
offered EUR 4,500,000 for the player s registration, and no other offers were made to Auxerre. Thus, the CAS Panel considered this amount to be the "market value" of the player which Auxerre could have received in the event of a transfer of the player, but which it did not receive because of a "failed transfer"."

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/De+Sanctis+and+the+Article+17:+the+last+of+the+saga?-a0352250482

Yannik

idk how this works really, but this law has been around for a while and you don't see it really exercised aside from a few exceptions and the biggest example for it seems to have done it quite wrong. According to an old Hoeness interview clubs in top 5 Europe have also an agreement in place, not to make use of it and whoever breaks the agreement is opening Pandora's Box, and is free for the rest of Europe to sign their players using the same tactics.

I also read that Article 17 is not intended to be used as a way to move to another club for a small fee, and there are major consequences to both the player and the club if they do so. When FC Sion signed "El Hadary" what ended up happening was that CAS ruled a two-year "registration period" ban for Sion, reasoning that El-Hadary had unilaterally terminated his contract without just cause and that FC Sion had induced his breach.
But if you read the rulings based around Andy Webster, it's all because the club that held his contract dropped him into the reserves and didn't register him for the first team squad (all because he asked for a transfer).

But anyway, Falks article really just brings it up indicating that it's a possiblity, but not really that they are actually consdering it. He is stirring some shit, but nothing I would take really seriously. The dude is Germanys version of The Sun Sport.

Last edited:

topt

Explain this part...

As for the rest, there is a first time for everything.

Bayern are ridiculous in the game they are playing...
They are playing smart-ass, and disrespecting Lewa after so many years of service.
Liverpool respected Mane and his wish to leave, could have played the same game and ask 70m for him.

the holier than the Pope are forgeting about Messi; pay up or wait a year, not so hard is it....

Last edited:

topt

Bayern did not respond to Barcelona's second offer for Robert Lewandowski. Sources close to the negotiations confirm they expected this refusal, but Bar?a remain optimistic [
@relevo
]
we are all shocked or as some say arrogant

KingLeo10

Bayern did not respond to Barcelona's second offer for Robert Lewandowski. Sources close to the negotiations confirm they expected this refusal, but Bar?a remain optimistic [
@relevo
]
we are all shocked or as some say arrogant

:lol: Arrogance being you lowball other top clubs with offers on a top player 4 years younger than Lewa...and then act like similar low starting offers for your disgrunted 34 year old player are beneath you

You just proved my point.

topt

:lol: Arrogance being you lowball other top clubs with offers on a top player 4 years younger than Lewa...and then act like similar low starting offers for your disgrunted 34 year old player are beneath you

You just proved my point.

wait wait, you said I was arrogant....
good to know you decide what a lowball offer for a player is

Birdy

good to know you decide what is a lowball offer for a player is

Transfermarkt current values:

Mane: 70 m Euros
Lewa: 40m Euros

An article 17 by Lewa and 23 m compensation is nothing more than what you deserve...

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
If he wasn't such a dick about it and let bayern know in advance they might of worked something out and let him go for a smaller fee but why would you do that when the player and his agent act in that way? So it's not surprising really tbh.
Similarly we as a club should just tell him thank you but we don't have the funds and look elsewhere with our current financial situation. We can revisit in a year when his contract is up if there nothing really out there on the market.

topt

Transfermarkt current values:

Mane: 70 m Euros
Lewa: 40m Euros

An article 17 by Lewa and 23 m compensation is nothing more than what you deserve...

transfermarkt says nothing about players importance to the team; we have nobody that can replace Lewa, Pool does.
Good; see you next year and stop dreaming about article 17, even a club like yours wouldnt do that

vuji_31

Bayern is so salty.

One of their most important players in hystory is dying to go to Barca which have never been in worse position.

Thats why bayern can't be in same rank as we.

KingLeo10

good to know you decide what a lowball offer for a player is

My goodness, the logic is plain and simple.

You lowball other clubs for their top players.

And then cry like a little bitch when other clubs do that to you.

There's nothing wrong with lowballing. I'm not saying you have to let Lewa leave for low money. Clubs can bid whatever they want. It's just that you expect Bayern to farm top players easily while yours are only available at "highest possible price"

That's textbook arrogance. And the fact you're blinded to it is exactly what arrogance does :lol:

Birdy

transfermarkt says nothing about players importance to the team; we have nobody that can replace Lewa, Pool does.
Good; see you next year and stop dreaming about article 17, even a club like yours wouldnt do that

LOL
No, you just bought Mane to replace him, mate

Transfermarkt is the best tool available reflecting market value.
Given the analogy between the two cases, and that you got MAne for 41 overall, you should expect 25 overall for Lewa and nothing more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans